• Welcome you are browsing as a Guest, why not Register or Login ?
  • Goz

A Tsunami Warning has been issued for Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania

Australian Tsunami Warning

Residents warned as tsunamis roll across Pacific
    Team Member
    6194 Posts
    Rockhampton

imjimbo

that'd be one hell of a launch ramp for some serious hang time .....
    367 Posts
    se victoria

budha

stupid victoria

i want some decent wave riding
    811 Posts

gcdave

It was nothing...I went down to the beach and chilled, waited and watched for a while at 830am...

100mm-300mm increase in water level registered at around 11am...wooo hoooo.... :clapping:

As usual, the media really played things up. I heard one reporter early in the morning saying that the earth quake was "one of the biggest recorded.." - come on...it was an 8.8! Yea, thats decent - but ffs...the media shit me when they play on words(fear fear fear fear fear!!!! lets make the people scared!!!)!! :mad:

Off topic for a sec - wind was crap, 11-15kts at the time (plus 3-4ft swell), so i didnt get to kite the huge scarey tsunami which was forecast by the media..if the wind was there, i would of though :D

Dave - done with his rant.
    1391 Posts
    Gold Coast

BGKD

wow, who would have thought that an earthquake 11,000Km away would have a virtually imperceptible effect in Australia.

Has anyone wondered why nobody bothers to make an Australia disaster movie?
    1563 Posts
    Bray Park, Brisbane

gcdave

The closest thing we've got to a disaster movie is 'Wolf Creek' :rolleyes:
    1391 Posts
    Gold Coast

BGKD

I cant get past the idea that if they did an Australia disaster movie with a huge earthquake off the east coast and a 20M wave washing into Sydney harbour (cue the obligatory scene of the Bridge being destroyed by the opera house being washed into it).... Despite all that, the major death toll would probably be half the population of NSW being killed in the rush to get to the beach with their surfboards!
    1563 Posts
    Bray Park, Brisbane

spotter

Apparently it was 7cm here in Tassie. I want to know how the hell they can work out that the water rose by 7cm!!! That is less than a normal wave height!!!

Can just see it now, someone standing on a beach with a tape measure in a Tsunami Warning!!!
    364 Posts
    Hobart

Dicussion Forum

Get involved with others, ask questons and find answers to your kiting related problems in Australia's No.1 kiting forum!

Online Shop

Grab yourself some official Extreme Kites merchandise direct from our Online Shop and make yourself part of the crew when out kiting.

Knowledge Base

It's like a bank, jst it's full of information for kiters! You can add your own knowledge by creating an article or update an existing article!

Kite Reviews

The most in depth reviews on the internet related to kiting and equipment. You're welcome to add your own review to the mix and share your experience.

Spot Locations

We list the most informative locations database in Australia for kiting than any other website. Take a lok and spot next weekends ideal kiting destination!

Shop Directory

Searching for a kite shop or a place to get some lessons couldn't be easier! You can also search for a retailer by brand to find the gear you need!

Extreme Kites Australia

PO BOX 325, Mt Waverley, Victoria 3149

Website Copyright © 2009 Extreme Kite