• Welcome you are browsing as a Guest, why not Register or Login ?
  • Fast_Eddie

Post your kiting related injuries here.
    So far we have:

NAS = Hernia
    Fast Eddie = Broken wrist
    Dan OK = cracked heel bone (unconfirmed)
    Lee = broken legs
    Joel = Facial:rofl:
    Nigel = cracked rib
    Domenic = sprained shoulder
    304 Posts
    Cairnlea, Victoria

BillyMac

ME- Grazed (sand blasted) elbow and hip, sore shoulder.
    636 Posts
    Whitsundays

Peter

BillyMac wrote:ME- Grazed (sand blasted) elbow and hip, sore shoulder.

come on billy, i did kiss it better!
    2977 Posts

JKS

Im off to the GP @ 4.45 today ... gotsta organize some X-Rays :blush: ... keep ya posted

Haooy Days (I hope)
    10013 Posts
    Brizvegas

howie

I broke a nail does that count:rofl:
    235 Posts
    Langwarrin South Melbourne Australia

Luke

My hip pocket!
    2957 Posts
    Sydney Australia

Jason

Well I have been lucky in my time. Lots of little stuff and I did my Medial Cruciate about 2 years ago.

But my mate Bob broke his neck in December whilst trying a Back Mobe in shallow water he dropped the bar and plunged in head first. That has earnt him about 3 months in a HALO and many months of rehab.
    An interesting point is that he was flying a Hybrid at the time and if he was flying his own C shape kite on suicide it would have saved him.
    Non Sponsor
    1773 Posts
    Brisbane

just some kitin' girl

Jason wrote:Well I have been lucky in my time. Lots of little stuff and I did my Medial Cruciate about 2 years ago.

But my mate Bob broke his neck in December whilst trying a Back Mobe in shallow water he dropped the bar and plunged in head first. That has earnt him about 3 months in a HALO and many months of rehab.
    An interesting point is that he was flying a Hybrid at the time and if he was flying his own C shape kite on suicide it would have saved him.

Ouch Jason....really hope he's ok!!!...that's nasty.....heard about one of our kiting girls in the States who smashed her head on a kicker late last year.....she's been in a coma ever since and either way things aren't looking good for her....:(

other than that...my only injury is to have to listen to justkitesurf whine and complain about all his injuries....only to have him throw himself on the floor begging to do it all again the next day....:yes3:
    If all you guys drank more staminade or powerade etc instead of the other stuff you guys drink....ya might be a bit more limber and pliable!!!.....:D
    977 Posts
    how am i going to win at hide and seek if i tell you??

Fast_Eddie

howie wrote:I broke a nail does that count:rofl:

Yup that counts ( ask Joel or schultzies GF's, they may be able to fix it for u ):D
    Even rocket's hip pocket

Anything to let unaware noobs like myself know that Kites can be dangerous!

Regards,
    304 Posts
    Cairnlea, Victoria

Fast_Eddie

Jason wrote:Well I have been lucky in my time. Lots of little stuff and I did my Medial Cruciate about 2 years ago.

Hmmm very nasty that!

Lucky he's not paralysed?
    I suppose we all love pushing the limits and that's when anything can happen and then pure luck takes over.

Regards,
    304 Posts
    Cairnlea, Victoria

Fast_Eddie

just some kitin' girl wrote:
    other than that...my only injury is to have to listen to justkitesurf whine and complain about all his injuries....only to have him throw himself on the floor begging to do it all again the next day....:yes3:

Hey JSKG

You don't make him beg, like I have to beg to go kiting do you?
    That's just real nasty psychological torture to add to all his physical injuries.
    Woe is us :rofl:

Regards,
    304 Posts
    Cairnlea, Victoria

JKS

Fast Eddie .... shes nasty !!!!

But hows this for a cracker !!! A dude on the sunshine coast busted his leg landing a jump in the water in December. I dont know the full story ... but what I gather he did a normal jump and as he landed the wave lipped up at the same time as the back wash came out .... so all these forces went staight up his leg and it didnt cope .... MAJOR unlucky ... and I wish him a speedy recovery if he happens to read this (Sory bud , don't know ya name)

[ATTACH]1430[/ATTACH]

OUCH !!!

Broken Leg.jpg
    10013 Posts
    Brizvegas

SoutherlyBuster

While we are on the subject of fessing up / lessons learnt for the nobs (err uhm new kiters). Had a 20 cm long gravel rash whilst launching. The lesson learnt, there is a reason why on the Venoms/Scorpians etc, that if the take off fails, reset the kite. Don't try and pull the lines to set the kite right again. If the launch fails odds are the lines are twisted in places you don't want and control once the kite gets in the air is hampered.
    4742 Posts
    Victoria

JKS

I know EXACTLY what you mean :blush:

Me + Peter Lynn + lack of understanding (Baggsys fault) =

[ATTACH]1435[/ATTACH]

Sand rash.jpg
    10013 Posts
    Brizvegas

just some kitin' girl

Fast_Eddie wrote:Hey JSKG

You don't make him beg, like I have to beg to go kiting do you?
    That's just real nasty psychological torture to add to all his physical injuries.
    Woe is us :rofl:

Regards,

of COURSE i make him beg...as if i'm gonna let him have all the fun!!!....:D....as for the psychological torture....it's ok....it's not like he can tell the difference between that psychological torture and all the other psychological torture i put him thru....it all just gets mixed up together....:yes3:
    977 Posts
    how am i going to win at hide and seek if i tell you??

Baggsy

justkitesurf wrote:I know EXACTLY what you mean :blush:

Me + Peter Lynn + lack of understanding (Baggsys fault) =

well you should have waxed first !! Duhhhh
    2303 Posts
    Sunshine Coast QLD

sinbad

Just busted up my knee on holidays half way through it. can't straighten my leg at the knee.
    and i did it after kiting, walking with the family over to an island :( does that count
    Team Member
    3322 Posts
    Adelaide

AnthonyJ

The worste injury i have suffered is bruzed toenails. That hurts a lot more than it sounds, well lesson learnt; don't wear slightly to small shoes. I guess I haven't been doing anything crazy enough..... time to go and hurt myself. :bad:
    85 Posts
    Canberra

SoutherlyBuster

AnthonyJ,
    Bruised toe nails, had that one too. Only happened when I had the booties on (avoiding the deep mud and crawlies at Pnt Henry). No pain for me, just the ugly toes. I've got the rip curl booties with the split toe job (ie looks like the Ninja Turtle shoes).

Any comments out there on similar experiences?

I thought it had to do with walking through 40cm deep mud for 200m (bugger, when the wind dropped to nothing) with kite in tow and on the water.
    4742 Posts
    Victoria

Baggsy

got this yesterday when a front roll didn't quite come off .. my sunnies were smashed in half (obviously against something soild :o).
    i actually thought i broke my nose when i saw all the blood ...

[ATTACH]1499[/ATTACH]

IMG000009.jpg
    2303 Posts
    Sunshine Coast QLD

Dicussion Forum

Get involved with others, ask questons and find answers to your kiting related problems in Australia's No.1 kiting forum!

Online Shop

Grab yourself some official Extreme Kites merchandise direct from our Online Shop and make yourself part of the crew when out kiting.

Knowledge Base

It's like a bank, jst it's full of information for kiters! You can add your own knowledge by creating an article or update an existing article!

Kite Reviews

The most in depth reviews on the internet related to kiting and equipment. You're welcome to add your own review to the mix and share your experience.

Spot Locations

We list the most informative locations database in Australia for kiting than any other website. Take a lok and spot next weekends ideal kiting destination!

Shop Directory

Searching for a kite shop or a place to get some lessons couldn't be easier! You can also search for a retailer by brand to find the gear you need!

Extreme Kites Australia

PO BOX 325, Mt Waverley, Victoria 3149

Website Copyright © 2009 Extreme Kite