• Welcome you are browsing as a Guest, why not Register or Login ?
  • ozzymat

My rendition of Davide Equizzi Sixth Sense 85.

Sixth Sense 85 _09.jpg
    Sixth Sense 85 _09.jpg (224.25 KiB) Viewed 1133 times

Sixth Sense 85 _08.jpg
    Sixth Sense 85 _08.jpg (182.98 KiB) Viewed 1133 times

As the name suggest the kite an 85% version of Davide's Sixth Sense design it's framed with the recommended 3pt ULE, p200 LLE, p400 spine and 5pt LS.
    Icarex was the recommended sail fabric but I chose to experiment with Airx 600n which is a newish spinnaker fabric from Bainbridge international.

Airx 600n is very much like Icarex PC-31 and shares the same cutting/ sewing qualities and the strength appears to be equal with Icarex. The surface of Airx has a very fine texture to it which gives the fabric a more satin like finish compared to the smooth gloss finish of Icarex.

Having only flown the 85 for about 3 hours it difficult to tell if the Airx has the same longevity as Icarex but since Airx was designed for spinnakers it should last the riggers a sports kite will put on it.

Cheers
    Mat
    Port Augusta
    70 Posts
    Port Augusta SA

Coogee

Looks very nice Matt,wait till you see the one I built it is very similar. Gotta say you are the trend setter.
    Mike
    37 Posts

glenn193

Could you send a picture of your kite,i cant view the ones on the forum,thanks, cheers Glenn.
    9 Posts

zahra

Hey Ozzy

thanks for the info on Airx 600n and Icarex PC-31

Z
    255 Posts

Coogee

Well finally got my 85% Sixth Sense finished and it is a snotting westerly, bugger .....patience will be needed. Skyshark frame, 0.5oz icarex in white and teal, roll bars and 18grms of ballast. I think this kite will be a bit of fun.
    Mike

IMG202.jpg
    IMG202.jpg (149.41 KiB) Viewed 1044 times

IMG201.jpg
    IMG201.jpg (133.68 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
    37 Posts

glenn193

THANKS OZZYMAT FOR THE LINKS,ONE REAL NICE LOOKING KITE,
    9 Posts

KaoS

Coogee wrote:Well finally got my 85% Sixth Sense finished and it is ....

...looking really nice!

Kevin
    Willunga, S.A.
    160 Posts
    Willunga, SA

ozzymat

Hi Coogee
    Thats a great panel layout.

The SS 85 should keep you on your toes it's a real yoyo monster.

Mat
    Last edited by ozzymat on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
    70 Posts
    Port Augusta SA

ozzymat

zahra If your interested in trying Airx contact the people at Bainbridge in Sydney I found them to be real helpful.

Heres a link to the sail cloth catalogue http://www.sail-making.com/searchCatalogue.asp?id=93

Mat
    70 Posts
    Port Augusta SA

Dicussion Forum

Get involved with others, ask questons and find answers to your kiting related problems in Australia's No.1 kiting forum!

Online Shop

Grab yourself some official Extreme Kites merchandise direct from our Online Shop and make yourself part of the crew when out kiting.

Knowledge Base

It's like a bank, jst it's full of information for kiters! You can add your own knowledge by creating an article or update an existing article!

Kite Reviews

The most in depth reviews on the internet related to kiting and equipment. You're welcome to add your own review to the mix and share your experience.

Spot Locations

We list the most informative locations database in Australia for kiting than any other website. Take a lok and spot next weekends ideal kiting destination!

Shop Directory

Searching for a kite shop or a place to get some lessons couldn't be easier! You can also search for a retailer by brand to find the gear you need!

Extreme Kites Australia

PO BOX 325, Mt Waverley, Victoria 3149

Website Copyright © 2009 Extreme Kite