With a windless May and time on my hands I’m thinking how can I make this kiting hobby cost neutral. Surely harnessing the collective brainpower of the XK lounge should be able to come up with a workable solution. Thoughts so far have included:
- Get a second job, night fill or other out of hours work (discounted this one, working enough hours already)
- Interest arbitrage using peer to peer lending where interest received is 10%+ (as long as who I lend to doesn’t go broke)
- Some form of pay it forward system (will probably involve me just buying someone else a kite)
- Sell advertising space on my kites (makes a good excuse to get out flying more)
- Get a group together to approach corporate sponsor to put their name on a heap of kites (has some merit)
- Create a kite tupperware/amway/nutrimetics/etc (read somewhere pyramid schemes are illegal)
- Internet stuff. Amazon Affliates, Clickbank, Adsense (big learning curve and seems like hard work)
- Put together a private consortium and buy all the honey in Australia, forcing a shortage, price goes up then sell at a profit.
Well that’s about all I could come up with. What other ideas are out there to legally generate the funds to buy a couple of new kites per year.