Lake Lefroy Regatta

211 posts in this topic

Probably a beach run, Norm.  The dunes are evidently a bit steep and hard work.  Planning on a return visit to Fowlers Bay Friday-ish. 

Mez likes this

Nice photos, but for some reason (perhaps optical illusion) those foot pegs on your buggy look like they're on backwards.... :dontknow: 

Nice photos, but for some reason (perhaps optical illusion) those foot pegs on your buggy look like they're on backwards.... :dontknow: 

they look the same whichever side I put them! It's your eyes;)

No way....  one way the end points sit towards you the other way (backwards) they point away from you.  
Take your bolts out and swap them around and see what happens.

Chook likes this

No way....  one way the end points sit towards you the other way (backwards) they point away from you.  
Take your bolts out and swap them around and see what happens.

The hole for the bolt that attaches to the fork is in alignment with the sticky up bit at the end of the foot peg and the foot pegs are straight so they align the same which ever side they go in, I remember from when I put it together trying them on either side...

image.thumb.jpeg.f214b1137f2b2107936a6bb

Weird, i'll take a photo of the two MKII's I have laying around there in the next few days they're different as is every other PL MKII i've seen.

While we are on the subject, @gum-nuts, do you always keep your foot straps installed?  I haven't tried to buggy with straps yet but have been meaning to.  I think it would be nice on my bumpy ground maybe.

While we are on the subject, @gum-nuts, do you always keep your foot straps installed?  I haven't tried to buggy with straps yet but have been meaning to.  I think it would be nice on my bumpy ground maybe.

some how you had posted that twice! 

I do keep the foot straps on and they do help when you hit the bumpy stuff, a lot of people use heel straps.

mine are attached on the outside using a thinish cable tie and that is what breaks when I have OBE,d rather than my ankle:blackeye: and is easily fixed.

so the foot pegs are on the right way, but the forks on backwards - it's only been like that 4 years! 

@Demoknight had his fork backwards back when he had an xr which angled his pegs slightly forward.  Looked like it allows for a little more leg room if your taller.  We both have the round plastic things on the pegs though.

so the foot pegs are on the right way, but the forks on backwards - it's only been like that 4 years! 

hay you should get about 33% more speed now -drag say 25% faster

@Demoknight had his fork backwards back when he had an xr which angled his pegs slightly forward.  Looked like it allows for a little more leg room if your taller.  We both have the round plastic things on the pegs though.

That was the only way for me to get enough legroom without scrubbing my ass on the ground when I extended the downtube too far.  I remember sitting in your buggy with the pegs the other way round and felt like I was chewing on my knees.

imagine how much faster you will go now. 😆😆😆😆

gum-nuts and Chook like this

and it will save havin' to look over his shoulder all the time.:sarcastic:

gum-nuts likes this

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:  Best laugh I've had all week!!!

and it will save havin' to look over his shoulder all the time.:sarcastic:

And it took @.Joel to notice it! probably wont need a new buggy now, just get this one put together right and jobs a good 'un!

Chook and Mez like this

If you wore a dress we would have concentrated on your legs while buggying. But in this case only Joel noticed.:yes:

.Joel likes this

That has to go down as quote of the year! :grin:  
You know you're among friends when you can be that honest on a forum :D 

SoutherlyBuster and gum-nuts like this

That has to go down as quote of the year! :grin:  
You know you're among friends when you can be that honest on a forum :D 

My wife keeps saying "why are you going out to the garage again?" Must have looked at it 5-6 times since you first noticed, wouldn't make any difference to swap the foot-pegs around then after Chooks post the penny dropped:blush2:. Going to take the forks off and flip it around when I finish work - I'll post some pictures (maybe in a new thread!)...

Holy Moly! I cant believe i've been going backwards all this time!

Edited by gum-nuts

Holly Molly! I cant believe i've been going backwards all this time!

Surely there's a distance record right there....