Yeppoon 2017

166 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, gannet said:

Kind of over it now as it been four days on the 7m, would love a nice 13m or 18m day to give my hip a rest from the seat harness :)

I'm not complaining, It's still better than been at work!

Oy!!!! We have to keep a lid on moral fella.

Wind is nuken again tonight. Tomorrow looks fantastic as well with 15 knot onshore all day.

Kited every day since I arrived. Just running out of holidays.

andy666, Grants, gannet and 1 other like this

Its 9 Deg C outside at the mo ad no wind this weekend!...................................................................

Just some highlights so far..

Bloody good roll up this year.

Buggy riders Chook, Pete (kite bike), Andy, Bernie, Jamie, Ant, Plummet, Andrew, Jeremy and Kathy, in Yeppoon for Easter along with our fantastic hosts Clive and Merrilyn.

gannet, Bernie, Grants and 2 others like this

1 hour ago, Chook said:

Buggy riders Chook, Pete (kite bike), Andy, Bernie, Jamie, Ant, Plummet, Andrew, Jeremy and Kathy, in Yeppoon for Easter along with our fantastic hosts Clive and Merrilyn.

Far out first things first geez I got to get my holidays booked better I'm hating watching and not being there wow enjoy guys looks great

Chook likes this

3 hours ago, Chook said:

Love it @Chook!

Chook likes this

4 hours ago, plummet said:

Some good speed at 4.20. Its always "Oh for Awesome" When you pass motorized vehicles!.......

Yeh that was my Best Ever speed!!!!

Felt like a dog chasing cars today in fantastically smooth winds with speeds up in the low 80's. Had an absolute ball.:drinks: There is just no end to these strong South/Easters.

Would have been a perfect day but Gannet "down graded it" to 99.9% when we both got hit by a single rain drop while wheeling our toys back into the garage. :Chook:

Bernie, gannet and Goz like this

1 hour ago, Chook said:

Yeh that was my Best Ever speed!!!!

Felt like a dog chasing cars today in fantastically smooth winds with speeds up in the low 80's. Had an absolute ball.:drinks: There is just no end to these strong South/Easters.

Would have been a perfect day but Gannet "down graded it" to 99.9% when we both got hit by a single rain drop while wheeling our toys back into the garage. :Chook:

it sounds like iv'e missed out on the best year ever...

12 hours ago, roblukin said:

it sounds like iv'e missed out on the best year ever...

We have certainly missed your presents Rob. No where near as much sand in the unit or shower.:drinks:   Get that shoulder right and back to it next Easter.

Yeh the wind has been really great apart from a few light wind days while Andy666 was here. He thrives on 8 to 10 knots anyway.

The 19mtr "Silver Arrow" Flysurfer in the video is the most ridiculous kite I have ever flown. An 800mm bar and holds so much air when it warms up,it lofts about in no breeze like a tethered hot air balloon. :laugh1: Flys in 1-2 knots of wind though.

IMG_0124.JPG

Plummet ready to go into battle with the bities. Goz you did wind Dave up a tad.

IMG_0089.JPG

More pics to follow the winds up!!!!!

gannet and Goz like this

10 minutes ago, Chook said:

Plummet ready to go into battle with the bities. Goz you did wind Dave up a tad.

IMG_0089.JPGe international hand shake

Hmmm, Out of uniform Plumet ! 

On a international level.

There will be disciplinary action for this

:)

Goz likes this

5 hours ago, gannet said:

Hmmm, Out of uniform Plumet ! 

On a international level.

There will be disciplinary action for this

:)

True. I did Hawaiian shirt up for the buggy. Didn't even think about it on the foil. What a dick!

With a tear, I said good bye for another year to Yeppoon's beautiful beach and kiting friends, Thank you all for a awesome time

Total kms 723 this year, all on 2 wheels :)

20170423_175038.jpg

20170423_112731.jpg

20170423_112654.jpg

Goz likes this

Wow, the conditions have changed in the last week. I am glad that the winds weren't too strong while I was there. It's true I am a light wind kiter, anything from 4-18 knots and I'm as happy as a pig in shit.

glad though that the wind picked up for you speed freaks. Some seriously fast runs to the point!