103 posts in this topic

It's awful to hear of any shark attack, but when it's your own sport it really brings it home.  I used to think that we As kite surfers were out of the water and out of the way of sharks but obviously not.  As the article below explains., 

And in a separate incident a surfer gets rammed by a great white in Perth yesterday also.

I know this is gonna stir the pot a little or maybe a lot  but in my opinion I think we should start culling great whites  and other dangerous sharks. People say that we need them to keep the fish numbers in balance, I say there are so many more people on this planet now that we as humans are keeping the numbers of fish in balance ourselves. I'm not saying kill them all I'm saying keep the numbers low.  We do it with kangaroos we do it with the rabbits and other animals  like the story of the day on the news with Culling brumbies,  why not great whites and crocodiles ???????

http://www.smh.com.au/national/australian-man-killed-in-shark-attack-while-kitesurfing-in-new-caledonia-20160906-grac0n.html

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/close-shave-shark-knocks-surfer-off-board-at-injidup-point-beach-south-of-yallingup/news-story/be1ff519d5eed941ef69acdcab21bce0

When it's your time to go, it's your time to go and no amount of shark policing will stop it.  Crap happens.

You can always go back to land kiting if it gets to you.

I am saying no to shark and crocodile culling. Perhaps it is a sign of regions being over fished and sharks looking else where for food.

9 hours ago, ssayre said:

When it's your time to go, it's your time to go and no amount of shark policing will stop it.  Crap happens.

You can always go back to land kiting if it gets to you.

It doesn't bother me whatsoever, it's my kids been taken would be the problem.

I hope no relative of yours gets taken, BUT if I was their time to go, I guess You are right, I guess it was their time to go. How sad. 

6 hours ago, SoutherlyBuster said:

I am saying no to shark and crocodile culling. Perhaps it is a sign of regions being over fished and sharks looking else where for food.

We need more people eating Flake  with their chips.  Let's eat them before they eat us :Thumbs-up-smaller:

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

It doesn't bother me whatsoever, it's my kids been taken would be the problem.

I hope no relative of yours gets taken, BUT if I was their time to go, I guess You are right, I guess it was their time to go. How sad. 

We need more people eating Flake  with their chips.  Let's eat them before they eat us :Thumbs-up-smaller:

I have no local knowledge of the shark population in your area, so a thinning of the herd may be a valid public safety issue and my statement was a little too general admittedly.  I have kids as well and would worry if I thought they were in danger.

My very general and maybe not applicable point is, I've seen people worry themselves too death over "x" or "y" and out of nowhere "z" happens if that makes any sense.

I'm all in on grilling and eating sharks.  Send some my way.

25 minutes ago, ssayre said:

I have no local knowledge of the shark population in your area, so a thinning of the herd may be a valid public safety issue and my statement was a little too general admittedly.  I have kids as well and would worry if I thought they were in danger.

My very general and maybe not applicable point is, I've seen people worry themselves too death over "x" or "y" and out of nowhere "z" happens if that makes any sense.

I'm all in on grilling and eating sharks.  Send some my way.

Done :Thumbs-up-smaller:

i guess I talk though emotional feelings for the family left behind. 

So how many people die every year from shark attacks??

Worldwide the figures are only just hitting double figures each year.

How many people die due to car collisions?

How many die due to the effects of alcohol?

What about drugs?

Suicide?

Plenty of other causes to get worked up over, that would save more lives than a dozen people each year.

While no one want's to see people taken before their time, I feel we should look at the bigger picture.

SoutherlyBuster and Tiger37 like this

I'd have to agree - culling sharks in general, would be just plain wrong.  They're the apex predator in their environment...and it is their environment.   Most of the stuff we cull, we're responsible for putting here in the first place (perhaps not the 'roos)  ie:  it's not the rabbit's fault - they're just doing what they're programmed to do - not really a reason to be killed in their thousands.  Foxes too - a magnificent animal...just in the wrong place but everybit deserving of a chance to live as any other animal on earth.  I have to admit though, I've killed a few with ExtremeMalice when they've eaten my lambs or chooks.

I agree with you John. :good:

Being the chairman of the Agricultural protection board for 6 years I soon realized that we spend an enormous amount of money controlling introduced pests.

I'd add feral cats, wild dogs, (what we have to deal with here locally are domestic dogs gone wild. I've never seen a dingo here) donkeys, camels, wild horses, goats, European pidgeons and starlings.

On 07/09/2016 at 5:09 PM, Spartan said:

We need more people eating Flake  with their chips.  Let's eat them before they eat us

yum and crock at the chippy

Another Shak attack this afternoon, this time at Bells Beach Victoria. 

I think we should stop all watersports in beaches in Australia to save human beings  from being mauled or killed, because realistically we are entering the Sharks environment and we have no right to be there. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Spartan said:

I think we should stop all watersports in beaches in Australia to save human beings  from being mauled or killed, because realistically we are entering the Sharks environment and we have no right to be there. 

Sure we have a right to be there.  Sharks do too.  Whaddayawant?  Just go out and slaughter everything that's a danger to humans?  

3 hours ago, .Joel said:

More people will die this year playing Pokemon Go than will die from shark attacks.... 

Ban Pokémon go, for everyone's safety of course. 😂

The biggest killer in the home is the bathroom, I

On 16/09/2016 at 11:06 PM, Spartan said:

, for everyone's safety of course. 😂

The biggest killer in the home is the bathroom, I'd rather not live in that world!

Wow, see I didn't know that, I will definitely be keeping out of bathrooms from now on, actually I think they should be banned from all homes :grin:.   for everyone's safety of course. 😂

mik333 likes this

32 minutes ago, the_hatman OBE said:

It gets even better the kitchen I believe comes second

LOL that's awsome. :rofl:

Now on a serious note,  for everyone safety do not get out of bed in the morning :grin:

image.jpeg

The number of deaths in a tent is much less than in the house.

We should all go and live in tents then. :yes:

Photos of another multiple Shark attack tonight at Cronulla, while a crowd watches on and feeling helpless witnessing the feeding frenzy. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well next week the sharks are going to be in a storm.

So you should be safe to go for a quick dip.

Just hope it doesn't turn into a sharknado!

Image result for sharknado film

Just be thankful that the cats didn't get into the final, otherwise............

It might be a

Image result for sharknado film

SoutherlyBuster likes this