Peter Lynn Waterfoil 5.6

57 posts in this topic

On 13/12/2016 at 9:05 PM, .Joel said:

If you want to hurt yourself, this is the kite for you! :good: 

Haha, love the sales pitch. 

18 hours ago, andy666 said:

Haha, love the sales pitch. 

If you think that's a sales pitch, then you haven't flown one before. :eek:

Joel didn't believe me when I told him you have to actively keep this kite from moving if you want to keep it on the ground.

The kite can and will roll over, and take flight with almost no pilot input. 

Based on a C-Quad (round leading edge, so it will roll over), but in a closed foil configuration. It has huge lifting abilities, and no depower.

There's a reason why Peter went on to make ARC's and not continue any advancement on the Waterfoil.

Described on another forum as the most dangerous water kite ever made.

Aww come on guys. The PL waterfoil is fantastic personally. I have mine but with entirely new depower bridles, and it flies better than some 10m kites I have. The low end power is amazing. Handles gusts better than anything I've flown before. Serious

9 hours ago, nigel said:

Described on another forum as the most dangerous water kite ever made.

In the hands of children, yes. Have you flown one?

On 12/16/2016 at 10:41 AM, Northern Kites Australia said:

Aww come on guys. The PL waterfoil is fantastic personally. I have mine but with entirely new depower bridles, and it flies better than some 10m kites I have. The low end power is amazing. Handles gusts better than anything I've flown before. Serious

In the hands of children, yes. Have you flown one?

Yes, I own one, but would love to have the details of the de-power bridle

Did you ever use it in it's original form?

On 20/12/2016 at 4:49 PM, Mfwetu said:

i'll cover postage if you want to give it to somebody in far North Queensland who knows how to fly it  :girlhospital:

Deal!! 

On 19/12/2016 at 11:36 PM, nigel said:

Yes, I own one, but would love to have the details of the de-power bridle

Did you ever use it in it's original form?

Yes actually. First time I took it out in 12knots, for a landkite along the beach. It was too overpowering. A slight turn too fast and it would go into a death spiral and required quick action to bring it back to stability. There was no depower.

I have videos of mine flying with the new depower system I made for it. I have been thinking of making a line plan to explain it. But the videos show poorly the depower as it was the first flight with the new system, and I did not adjust the B and C lines properly. Now it flies brilliantly. The relaunch is instant BTW. Lands on water and bounces even. A quick pull of the back line and she's up and away again. Not a drop of water gets into her due to the small vent inlets. But inflating it takes a while on low winds. Best to use a hand blower for quicker inflation.

I always take the Waterfoil with my PANSH when winds pick up, The WF can handle anything. The biggest winds I've flown on it are mid 20s and I was slightly over powered.

Can't wait to get her back up again and do more videos.

On 20/12/2016 at 4:49 PM, Mfwetu said:

i'll cover postage if you want to give it to somebody in far North Queensland who knows how to fly it  :girlhospital:

I've already completed my Christmas shopping, Fernando definitely wasn't a name that came up on my list of gifts :mail1:

On 12/27/2016 at 4:30 PM, .Joel said:

I've already completed my Christmas shopping, Fernando definitely wasn't a name that came up on my list of gifts :mail1:

Must have slipped your mind in the rush leading up to Christmas - we all get so busy. No worries, I'm sure Lofty will understand. You could probably do it next year? The offer still stands :santa:

3 minutes ago, Mfwetu said:

Must have slipped your mind in the rush leading up to Christmas - we all get so busy. No worries, I'm sure Lofty will understand. You could probably do it next year? The offer still stands :santa:

No problem, lets do it.  
Postage is $115 :good: 

I own the WF 3.6 and I can confirm it will usually water relaunch without input. It folds, drifts to edge, unfolds and relaunch. Before it is filled up with air it flies with the side first, have to see it to believe it. The pull per/sqm is on par, if not better, than the C-quad, but it's slower through the window. The only possible "depower" is you stalling it with the brakes. With it's cross-bridle it also flies very well on just two lines, back-bridle completely taken off. I've tried it on different 2, 3 and 4 line bars but 4 line handles is most versatile. I have used it a fair bit with skis and it works good for that.

On 25/12/2016 at 11:02 AM, Northern Kites Australia said:

The relaunch is instant BTW. Lands on water and bounces even.

On 21/02/2017 at 7:37 PM, Olof Palmolja said:

I own the WF 3.6 and I can confirm it will usually water relaunch without input.

This is exactly the reason this kite can be dangerous in the wrong hands. A combination of cross bridling and the fact it can bounce off the water instantly. There is no way to recover from a death spiral and watch this thing go if you break a front line!! 

Yes, no doubt it can be dangerous. An appropiate tug in the back lines / release of the front lines makes it fold horizontally and land on it's tail without pull or drama. 

nigel likes this