Good high end stunt kite

14 posts in this topic

well, that is the question you would talk to kev about :)

i come from the era where axle, turtles and slides was the bees knees. (90's).

Last year i decided to get a 'modern' kite, i bought a nirvana n3e $600AUS +, whilst the kite was able to do flick flack front and back, egbert mctwists, and indy go-go's.... i could not :) i sold it last year, and as a replacement i was leaning towards Kev's kite.

from the video below, it doesn't seem to have any issues at all with the right pilot..

http://www.ozfeathers.com.au/kaos/kaos_files/sport.htm

5 hours ago, igeighty said:

Last year i decided to get a 'modern' kite, i bought a nirvana n3e $600AUS +, whilst the kite was able to do flick flack front and back, egbert mctwists, and indy go-go's.... i could not :) i sold it last year, and as a replacement i was leaning towards Kev's kite.

from the video below, it doesn't seem to have any issues at all with the right pilot..

Whats your take on this Mr @KaoS?

On 16/01/2017 at 10:07 AM, Darren Tibbey said:

No reply from Mr @KaoS how about Mr Briskites?@Jason

Jusst read this. I'm in Hyderabad, with v. intermittent wifi.  Will respond next week when back in Oz

On 1/11/2017 at 11:40 PM, igeighty said:

Damn that video is mesmerizing. Great skills. I skipped over stunt kites a little too quickly. I bought a stunt kite as my very first kite beyond a one liner

took it out the first day and thought "this is really fun, I wonder if they make a bigger one?"

got a power kite in the mail and never touched it again. 

I wouldn't mind returning to stunt kite at some point. 

Darren Tibbey likes this

1 hour ago, ssayre said:

Damn that video is mesmerizing. Great skills. I skipped over stunt kites a little too quickly. I bought a stunt kite as my very first kite beyond a one liner

took it out the first day and thought "this is really fun, I wonder if they make a bigger one?"

got a power kite in the mail and never touched it again. 

I wouldn't mind returning to stunt kite at some point. 

Great fun. When you get a good one its makes all the difference.

On 12/01/2017 at 3:04 PM, Darren Tibbey said:

Yes but will they do every trick under the sun?

Here's the Krios being flown by Azemi of Malaysia.  Designed about 3 years ago, it is the kite I recommend to people these days.  The Temptation was designed in 2005 before some of the combos being performed these days.  I decided to retire the design at the end of 2016 as the Krios (and the cheaper Maelstrom) outperform it.

Sorry I don't have a newer video of the Krios - every time I have the camera with me the wind is bad, every time the wind is good I've left the camera at home :-(

SparkieRob, nigel and Chook like this

I have a few of Kevin's kites and certainly can definitely recommend his birds. 

I have a Standard/Ultralight matching set of Temptations and love them both. The UL would be my pick of the 2. Sad to hear they've been outdated but that could be a good excuse to upgrade! Curious to know the differences though. The Krios is a bigger wing so I would've assumed the smaller wing of the Temptation would be a bit more nimble. Although, a decade of development would trump this.

Kevin, would you consider trade ins....? Only kidding. 

The Krios kite is a brilliant kite to fly, have the STD & will definitely get the SUL,

imo one of the best kites out there.