Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ocean Rodeo Stick-Shift 2017 Bar

4 posts in this topic

Ocean Rodeo are close to releasing their new "Stick-Shift" kiteboarding bar, which again is a new adjustable kiteboarding bar for 2017.  Ocean Rodeo lists them as licensing the design from R3 Designs which is interesting as Ocean Rodeo is listed as the patent holder and Anton Rudolf Enserink as the inventor.  So unsure if this is Ocean Rodeo leasing the patent, or making an offshoot aimed at sharing their designs with other brands.  Either way it seems a possibility down the track more than one brand may use this design in the future.

Read about more Adjustable Kiteboarding Bars: http://www.extremekites.com.au/topic/16269-era-of-the-adjustable-kiteboarding-bar/ 
Ocean Rodeo's Product Page: https://oceanrodeo.com/kiteboarding/bars/stick-shift/

Use of the bar is "twist to add power, bump to depower" according to their website.  Adjustment is then available in quarter turns which as 0.5cm increments, a full turn producing 2cm of line adjustment.  They also have a new stopper that works on the plastic/PU coated depower line.  The backside of the bar is hollow and open, a U-shape opposed to a completely rounded and sealed bar.

ocean_rodeo_stick_shift-kiteboard_bar_001.jpg

ocean_rodeo_stick_shift-kiteboard_bar_002.jpg

ocean_rodeo_stick_shift-kiteboard_bar_004.jpg

ocean_rodeo_stick_shift-kiteboard_bar_003.jpg

Here's a video of the bar in operation and how it works.

I prefer this one over the North Click bar, for the ability to be able to self-release the line by bumping it. Nice. Very nice. Not sure why the bar has to be hollow exposed though. That is going to collect all amount of crap

What none of these new bars mention in their videos, is the funky looking front lines. What are they made of I wonder? Plastic coating over normal rope or something else completely?

Demo bar from Nigel @ East Coast Kitesurfing has arrived today for review :good: 
@Spartan will be hooking it up to one of his Boost2's for a fortnight to see what he thinks.

ocean_rodeo_stick_Shift_bar.jpg

andy666 and EastCC like this

On ‎9‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:47 AM, Northern Kites Australia said:

I prefer this one over the North Click bar, for the ability to be able to self-release the line by bumping it. Nice. Very nice. Not sure why the bar has to be hollow exposed though. That is going to collect all amount of crap

What none of these new bars mention in their videos, is the funky looking front lines. What are they made of I wonder? Plastic coating over normal rope or something else completely?

Northern Kites - the front & rear lines are German made Liros DC 401 Ultra HD flying lines, tested to 580 kg. Or are you talking about the PU tubing over the fronts?

The open design of the carbon composite bar actually allows the crap flush out, I've buried it in the sand, give it a quick dunk in the water and good to go. It also everything to properly dry out, and makes any maintenance a lot easier.

.Joel, thanks & I look forward to your thoughts.

andy666 likes this