Icebuggy in Germany with GT-Rapide !!!

10 posts in this topic

On 28th January we went to the Rangsdorfer lake just south of Berlin. We ha a couple of weeks temperatures below 0 degree Celsius. The ice was not perfect flat and black but still good enough for us 😂. Around 13cm thick ice. The wind was very low at 3-5 knots. Alfred used a 11m Vapor and 14m Yakuza, I used my 12m Diablo and 8m Diablo.

Icebuggy is so nice ... love it !

Are there any frozen lakes in AU or NZ?

Warm regards from Germany

Daniel

DrWind, .Joel, Mez and 1 other like this

Wow, one of the best icebuggy videos I've ever watched.  
Taking a GT on ice, even if it means travelling to the other side of the world has just made my list. That looked incredible, thanks for sharing :good: 

Thanks @.Joel. Icebuggy is something different and special then the usual drive. It is just a small part of the year where you can do that, then you have to have spare time and also some wind. We where lucky last weekend. In the night from Sunday to Monday we had a 13 cm snow, so the lake will be covered ... not so nice for Icebuggy riding. Thanks 

Unfortunately there are no frozen lakes here, unless up the snowy ? I've seen some creeks with ice, but id say we just don't get the sustained long cold days. if there ARE frozen lakes here i would like to know. as this is something i also must try !

hey @.Joel id you notice how the vapor (12 year old tech) whipped the diablo ;) . <snigger>

Dan, that looked like the smoothest best fun ever ! I can only imagine what the lack of friction does for acceleration. totally tits mate!

Thanks for posting the video. it is awesome to see what the opposite seasons are like over there. We just got back from Kingston in south australia. It was the polar opposite. hot days with extreme UV levels.

:round-thumbs-up:

Mez and andy666 like this

The Vapor had over 3 square meters more surface. Considering it was my first time out with the Diablo. There is one huge advantage within the depower, you can depower... the vapor keeps on pulling 😋.

Thanks for the feedback!

igeighty and Chook like this

Hey @Stinka - don't worry about @igeighty. He thought your video was great, he's my husband and I think if he could, he'd exchange me for a Vapor (he was just trolling @.Joel and apparently he took the bait too!) Lovely video and keep safe when the snow comes! My family are in the UK and have been warned of snow in the south! 

@Stinka That looks like a whole lot of fun mate.

The side on view is unreal with only a blade where the front wheel should be.

Thanks for sharing!:drinks:

No frozen lakes in the north island of NZ. But I have seen tv programmes of dudes curling on small frozen ponds in South island. I'm not sure if anything big enough would freeze!

How fast can you go on the ice buggy?

The skiers are cranking some crazy speeds close to the buggy world record. I recon the ice buggy could take out the top spot for fastest kite powered craft given the right conditions and location.

http://www.hardwaterkiter.com/snowkite-speed-ranking

andy666 likes this

Ice buggy at the moment will be the only way to hold the record. Thise kite skiers are putting in some miles at crazy speed .

On 02/02/2017 at 3:54 AM, plummet said:

No frozen lakes in the north island of NZ. But I have seen tv programmes of dudes curling on small frozen ponds in South island. I'm not sure if anything big enough would freeze!

How fast can you go on the ice buggy?

The skiers are cranking some crazy speeds close to the buggy world record. I recon the ice buggy could take out the top spot for fastest kite powered craft given the right conditions and location.

http://www.hardwaterkiter.com/snowkite-speed-ranking

Haha, I just looked at that link and your all flying the wrong kites. Top spot is held by a cabrinha crossbow. @Chook @.Joel :rofl: 

Chook likes this