International kiting

8 posts in this topic

Hi all

how many people would consider going to a international festival overseas near or far I'm interested in the huge racing that they run in Europe

pros and cons

obviously getting buggys there and back but maybe we could lease some shit I'd consider buying one there then selling it when you leave 

cons 

getting involved in a huge regatta putting a team together (team Aussie ) or the Aussie Extream Team 

any takers 

it is something that i do wish to do, travel france belgium germany holland denmark.

mez and i have thought about it often. it would have to be for 6 months. and buy a van to sleep in.

in the next few years i will do it. but only after i have saved a TON of money.

I'm keen..

My whole idea of going to France in 2012 was to watch the World Championship class 8 landsailing (kite buggys).

Long story but a stuff up with my Euro Rail ticket booked through my local agent here meant on Bastille Day I was 30kms away in Cherbourg at the time.:crybaby: 

Still pissed off.

Would love to have a go in more country's if I live long enough, to make enough money to sustain this passion. 

20 hours ago, Grants said:

how many people would consider going to a international festival overseas near or far I'm interested in the huge racing that they run in Europe

Festival like NABX would be awsome, easy to partake.
Racing in Europe would also be awsome, you'll need club insurance.  My guess you should be able to join the local club and compete in an "open" class.  Work out where in Europe you plan to go, and fire off an email to the local club.

Perhaps @Mark.h170 can answer?

Grants likes this

1 hour ago, .Joel said:

Festival like NABX would be awsome, easy to partake.
Racing in Europe would also be awsome, you'll need club insurance.  My guess you should be able to join the local club and compete in an "open" class.  Work out where in Europe you plan to go, and fire off an email to the local club.

Perhaps @Mark.h170 can answer?

For The Netherlands there's no need to join a local club if you have your Australian race numbers, all you need is an insurance that covers you during the races.
I think that's the same as most other countries.
As far I know only Germany lets you pay 5euro for insurance during their races.

Buggyclub Holland (http://buggyclubholland.com) will be hosting a fun weekend (https://www.facebook.com/events/201453577007716/) on 9 and 10 september which is open for everyone, we will be doing some 4hour racing on sunday.
If you come for racing it should be pretty easy to race every weekend if you don't mind traveling, there are a lot of clubs organizing races.
For the bigger fun weekends/events you can have a look at Buggycamp at Romo organized by the GPA or No barriers in the UK organized by the PKA. The European championship this year will be held somewhere in September at Hoylake, I'm not sure but I think it's open for you guys to compete there aswell.

Hope that answers your questions a bit, if you want to know anything else just let me know!

Grants and Chook like this

Why go to Europe when the best buggy event in the world is the moose meet in NZ in October. Book your tickets now.

ps I'll be doing some international kiting next week in Yeppoon! 

Yeha!

Grants, Chook and SoutherlyBuster like this

29th august is the start date of the euros at hoylake this year. 

Sadly it seems that last years nobarriers was the last due to lack of support from the kiting industry.  Some came along. Just not enough to make it feasible to repeat. 

SWATK have a club race series that we would welcome anyone to join in with. Day membership available and our own little windzone. 

Swatk also go to pembrey in south wales to criuse on clsc's beach. 

Grants and Chook like this