good spots in northern qld

11 posts in this topic

Hi there

i'm travelling around australia and try to kitesurf as much as possible. 

Now located in eliott heads qld and heading north. 

Now: do people kitesurf in northern qld, because of crocs stingers or what ever? And i'm sure they do :-) but: what do i have to look at? 

Are there some good spots?

cheers

Don't fall off!

They are out there alright. But the chance is so small!  more chance of being run over crossing the road on the way to the beach.

PS I don't get shark nets. They aren't all the way to the beach so the shark could swim around them.

9 hours ago, plummet said:

Don't fall off!

They are out there alright. But the chance is so small!  more chance of being run over crossing the road on the way to the beach.

PS I don't get shark nets. They aren't all the way to the beach so the shark could swim around them.

Political and placebo.

If you see some buggies on the beach come up and say g'day.

we start from the back of driftwood units, about 2km in the beach from the caravan park.

Aww i missed that!

But i've seen you from far. You guys were flying biig kites for buggys! Hope you enjoyed. Cheers

andy666 likes this

Made it to Townsville yet champ? Winds are high teens and low 20's at the mo. Perfect conditions, around 3pm at low tide. Beach Access 14 is the place to go

Yes i'm in townsville now and ready to start 😄 

And i was reading some statistics yesterday about jelly and crocs and guess they are less dangerous than bees in europe... so i will wear a stingersuit but i don't worry no more... 😉