Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Inland kite surf Lake ColeRidge NZ

2 posts in this topic

Every time the wind forecast in Christchurch (New Zealand' South Isalnd) is warm and no wind, odds are the cold air from the moutains is flowing down and raising up in the Canterbury Plains, which translates into awsome kitesurfing session at Lake Coleridge the base of those mountains. On the way to get there you pass through a town called Windwhistle and it did live up to it's name. The drive there is just as pleasant as the kiting when you get there. Ignore the max 33 knots on the wind meter, meter was stuck on position from. Zac was on the 8m Speed 4 and I was on the Flysurfer Psycho IV 10m.

Kamikuza likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By SoutherlyBuster
      Repair time for my FlySurfer kites. The pulley lines have busted on one kite, pulley lines on others are on their way out and one none pulley bridle busted needing replacement. FlySurfer offer a line service but are expensive, so time to consider alternatives to make my own. FlySurfer does publish the line plans giving both the lengths of the finished product and the length before the loops have been made. So off I go and measure some of the bridles and they are quite different to the published data, sure I understand the lines shrink over the years as dirt gets in, but did not expect them to be so different. For instance the st1 bridle which directly attaches to the canopy at the wing tip, one attachment point foreward from the trailing edge: as measured 55cm, FlySurfer published 60 cm, that is 5cm shrinkage or 8% shrinkage. Spot checked other bridle lines, say the red ones getting similar figures. It is almost as if the dimensions are for a differnent kite. Any one else measured their FlySurfer bridles and compared to published data from FlySurfer?
      I know if any one bridle is to be replaced they must be done in pairs of left hand side plus right hand side.
      regards,
      Norman
    • By .Joel
      The new Flysurfer Sonic Race has been released for 2017, this is Flysurfer's 3rd release for the Sonic series.  I've put together a quick comparison chart based off the info on the Flysurfer website.  First up for key noticeable differences however is that they've removed a whole row of bridles, instead of A B C Z bridling they're running A B Z.  Next is the cell count, moved from 49 to 65 cells, and then the wingtips whilst still having a slight flat area look far more rounded.  Overall weight is also down on the kites and they've introduced a 7M and 21M removing the 6M from the series.
      This year they're publishing suggested line lengths as well, ranging from 12M to 17M lengths in lines.

Product Page: https://flysurfer.com/project/sonic-race/
    • By bakersdozen
      A quick edit from Lolo BSD - the man has skills!