Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Inland kite surf Lake ColeRidge NZ

2 posts in this topic

Every time the wind forecast in Christchurch (New Zealand' South Isalnd) is warm and no wind, odds are the cold air from the moutains is flowing down and raising up in the Canterbury Plains, which translates into awsome kitesurfing session at Lake Coleridge the base of those mountains. On the way to get there you pass through a town called Windwhistle and it did live up to it's name. The drive there is just as pleasant as the kiting when you get there. Ignore the max 33 knots on the wind meter, meter was stuck on position from. Zac was on the 8m Speed 4 and I was on the Flysurfer Psycho IV 10m.

Kamikuza likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By jabroni
      Flysurfer Speed 3 - 12m - Standard Fabric
      + Bar & Lines, Bag, Leash and repair kit.
      Used for land kiting, no rips, tears or repairs.
      It has some dirt marks from being used on the beach, and the white fabric is starting to yellow, but otherwise is in great condition.
      Located in Brisbane.
      $850 + Postage

• By .Joel
      Flysurfer Sonic-FR 9M Depower Race Foil
      + Infinity 3.0 Airstyle Bar & Lines
      Bought brand new and flown about 20 - 25 times, awesome kite with a massive usable wind range.  I've had the kite comfortably in 10 knots in the buggy, and screaming in 20-25 over 87km/h with 1 arm on the bar.  The kite is incredibly versatile and usable, and has the least lift when powered up of all the depower race kites I've flown so far (R1, Diablo, Sonic-FR).  Kite is in excellent condition.

$1100 + Post (Kite Only)
      $1400 + Post (Complete w/ Bar & Lines)
    • By Spartan
      This is how it's done with style.