Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTB: MBS foot straps (bindings) or equivalent

5 posts in this topic

My straps came apart (gave me 4 years worth, which ain't bad) last weekend. I can retro fit something to get me going, but I'd prefer to get something more solid or durable. Anyone have any MBS bindings? All I need is the strap (x 2) that goes through the metal ring and back to the L-bracket on the board. I can then fashion my straps to go around it. Otherwise, I may have to buy the whole kit. Thanks in advance

Throw up a pic Lofty, there are a few different types of MBS bindings. Yours sound like the Velcro ones to me, not the newer style ratchet ones? Cheers.

5 hours ago, SoutherlyBuster said:

My son had the velcros on an old MBS board, eventually the velcro stopped sticking, suggest to get the rachets, will last longer than four years.

I am thinking the same. Where can I order here in Aus?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Northern Kites Australia
      Just after a spare MBS grab handle for my MBS Core 95 board. Or a way to apply any twin tip grab handle would be appreciated. Thanks
    • By Kiwikarl
      I thought I'd try Joes trick and listen to music while land kiting @ Elwood park. 
      Managed to break the screen on my phone. 
      Took to a phone repair shop who over phone said $109, then $150 in store, and then $200 when I returned to pick it up.. So I said no. Give my phone back! Because I don't like the increasing price game they seem to play. 
      Made appointment for Apple Store instead, was running early so stopped in food court and had wallet stolen. ( school kids grabbed it and bailed real quick ).
      Apple open my phone and see sticker from the other repair shop and say will not replace screen under warrant for free when it has been opened my somebody else.. FFS.
      i tell them I've just had wallet stolen, phone replaced for free.......
      KARMA..
      now i I need to ring around to get new drivers licence etc etc.. 
      LUCKLY DIDNT HAVE TOO MUCH CASH ONBOARD..
      Could have been way worse if I had money in wallet for my Snowkite trip this weekend!
      Or just sold a kite.....

• By 123matt
      I treated myself to a new board... the MBS all terrain longboard.  These are brand new out from the USA by MBS who are known for their mountain boards.  Where I live over summer we get nasty cat eye thorns that seem to grow everywhere so it was great to get hold of a board and not have to worry about pneumatic tyres.  
      I've had the chance to take the board out on a number of surfaces and given they are new out thought I'd give my impressions.  
      Overall I'm impressed with the board.  Riding it is like going from the old 26" mountain bikes onto the 29ers.  You just feel like you can roll over anything.  The board easily handles uneven footpaths, road surfaces and loose stone that would stop an ordinary skateboard.  I've taken it down a few grassy slopes and as long as the grass is pretty low, and the ground hard packed then it goes great.  
      If kiting strapless is your thing then this board would be fine on any hard packed surface.  
      In terms of just general cruising the board is much easier to push than a standard mountain board.  On a road surface made from rock rather than bitumen there is much more vibration through your feet than you get with pneumatic tyres.  Off road the vibration disappears.  The board is very much at home rolling over mown tufts of grass on hard packed soil, which is what many of our local playing fields become over summer.  
      On smooth surfaces like concrete the board makes a pretty cool noise through the tyres due to the tread pattern. The board has got decent bearings in it so it rolls smooth and far.  
      I found the board length comfortable and build quality high as you expect with an MBS board.  
      Some pics of the board are below including size comparison between standard skateboard and MBS mountain board so you can see the difference.