Footy Grand Final weekend 29th Sept to 1st Oct

93 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Kathleen said:

If anyone is after any ideas maybe biscuits and dip, cheese platter, another desert, bread/rolls for sausages, another type of salad or anything else you can think of.

Post it up here so we don't double up.

@igeighty and myself will make up a cheese platter (cheeses, kabana, cold meats and crackers) That way it keeps well in the trailer fridge. - I was going to make a trifle but I don't think it will all fit in the one fridge. Will there be 16 or so attending the BBQ @Kathleen?

9 hours ago, Kathleen said:

Time to organise the BBQ

Just a reminder that it is BYO meat and drinks and something to share.

So far we have

@Ingo

@Darren Tibbey

@cris italy

@nigel and myself will bring cup cakes and a fruit platter for desert

If anyone is after any ideas maybe biscuits and dip, cheese platter, another desert, bread/rolls for sausages, another type of salad or anything else you can think of.

@Kathleen  sorry I have not responded. Mother is gravely ill back in UK so circumstances may be that I'll have to fly back sometime soon. This may mean I'll not be able to attend. If I can still come down for the weekend I will contribute something for the BBQ - may be let me know on the Fri night what you are short of. 

2 hours ago, Mez said:

@igeighty and myself will make up a cheese platter (cheeses, kabana, cold meats and crackers) That way it keeps well in the trailer fridge. - I was going to make a trifle but I don't think it will all fit in the one fridge. Will there be 16 or so attending the BBQ @Kathleen?

I presume so @Mez as long as everyone brings something there will be plenty.

1 hour ago, Tiger37 said:

@Kathleen  sorry I have not responded. Mother is gravely ill back in UK so circumstances may be that I'll have to fly back sometime soon. This may mean I'll not be able to attend. If I can still come down for the weekend I will contribute something for the BBQ - may be let me know on the Fri night what you are short of. 

Sorry to hear that @Tiger37 

For anyone coming for the day on Saturday don't forget to bring something for the BBQ and join us before driving home. 

12 hours ago, Kathleen said:

Time to organise the BBQ

So far we have

@Ingo

@Darren Tibbey

@cris italy

Ill bring bread/rolls, @Kathleen how much will we need?

3 hours ago, Tiger37 said:

Trevor, sending our love and all the best to you and your mother.

Dingo and Tiger37 like this

I may not be able to attend the weekend as my 89 year old mother is in palliative care. Time frames are out the window, but as Tiger stated, if I can get to Sandy for a visit, I will. 

Michael

2 hours ago, mik333 said:

I may not be able to attend the weekend as my 89 year old mother is in palliative care. Time frames are out the window, but as Tiger stated, if I can get to Sandy for a visit, I will. 

Michael

Sorry to hear that Michael.

5 hours ago, mik333 said:

Michael

our thoughts be with you Mick & Trev

Tiger37 likes this

22 hours ago, mik333 said:

Michael

Similar position. My mother is 91. Thoughts are with you.

15 minutes ago, Tiger37 said:

Similar position. My mother is 91. Thoughts are with you.

It is a bit easier for me, as my mother is located in Ballarat and I'm only 80 minutes away. When loved ones are on the other side of the world, decisions are so much more difficult. Good luck, Tiger37.

Michael

Mez and Tiger37 like this

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:19 AM, Tiger37 said:

Hey Trevor, Sorry to hear your news. If you're not in the UK perhaps a buggy might be the best distraction. 

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, Kathleen said:

Time to organise the BBQ

So far we have

@Ingo

@Darren Tibbey

@cris italy

I should be able to bring biscuits, dips and some cheese. I've scrolled through but attention to detail clearly isn't my forte . . . the barbecue is on Sunday?

12 hours ago, DrWind said:

. . the barbecue is on Sunday?

It is a long weekend, but it starts Friday.

Friday dinner at fish creek, Saturday BBQ, Sunday home.