Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ozone R1V3

6 posts in this topic

Wish I was rich enough to afford even a R1 V2.:o

But if anyone has a blown out/ripped R1 for a project I am thinking about, I would be interested.:good:

Yeh well sort of............

To muck about with a delta swing wing idea I had a brain fart about (5th line controlled) to reduce the frontal area as the speed increases.

Mucking about with my 7m2 with a few rings and lines it had some potential but ran out of depower as the kite flattened out and creased it's trailing edge in the centre of the kite to achieve the delta shape. Bit more geometry involved with the bridles and the 3rd speed system for wing sweep.

Need something I can cut and shut and not be heart broken about when I give up.:pardon:

Gotta scratch the itch..........

7 hours ago, Chook said:

Yeh well sort of............

To muck about with a delta swing wing idea I had a brain fart about (5th line controlled) to reduce the frontal area as the speed increases.

Mucking about with my 7m2 with a few rings and lines it had some potential but ran out of depower as the kite flattened out and creased it's trailing edge in the centre of the kite to achieve the delta shape. Bit more geometry involved with the bridles and the 3rd speed system for wing sweep.

Need something I can cut and shut and not be heart broken about when I give up.:pardon:

Gotta scratch the itch..........

Hmm, very interesting idea (once I googled what a swing wing was)

Whats the eventual goal? Less drag? More speed? More depower?

5 hours ago, andy666 said:

Hmm, very interesting idea (once I googled what a swing wing was)

Whats the eventual goal? Less drag? More speed? More depower?

Less frontal area and to penetrate further forward in the window by adjusting angle of attack and sweeping the leading edge. The R1 rib profile is about right I reckon for the idea but it will then angle the cell stitch line/profile to the air stream so may negate the gain. Although the top of the kite is pretty bloody flat and tight at high speed looking at my footage of it passing my camera sitting on top of a due along Wylie bay beach. Even with the leading edge sweep back to the tips the top skin was reflexed beautifully with just a pucker/gather in the centre 6/7 cells trailing edge. They didn't swell up much due to their internal diagonal inter cell supports.  

I need more   2f232afeefa52fb954fc130cf5d83324.jpg    and time. :mosking: