Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cerberus

31 posts in this topic

After flying the Pansh Ace 2 in Kingston South Australia and being VERY impressed with it's ability, particularly with it's price, (value for money) I'd love to have some time on one of these.:good:

Darren Tibbey, socommk233 and IMK like this

16 minutes ago, Chook said:

After flying the Pansh Ace 2 in Kingston South Australia and being VERY impressed with it's ability, particularly with it's price, (value for money) I'd love to have some time on one of these.:good:

Get Joel to get one in for a review then buy it off him. @Chook

socommk233 likes this

You can nicely roll you fixed bridle kite up into a nice small cylinder shape. Tightly bag it then smear it in vasaline and shove it up your arse!

ill be sticking to my depower kites.

Jase Shepperd likes this

Im surprised he was polite enough to offer vasaline! 

If it were peterlynn kite id demand it shoved up someone elses arse dry. 

Fyi

I have put a depower speed system on my 10m cerberus and it works great as a depower kite too. 

I have some manners!...... a dry insertion is pretty darn harsh! 

Has anyone actually tried one of these kites before shoving up their butts. Or is it all hot air and stink. Id be more than happy to fly one. 

1 hour ago, Darren Tibbey said:

Has anyone actually tried one of these kites before shoving up their butts. Or is it all hot air and stink. Id be more than happy to fly one. 

Yes. I have. And the 2 that i have fly very well indeed. 

On 27/05/2017 at 10:42 AM, Chook said:

Buy one and let us know what you think :dance:  
Pansh has excelled from the first Ace I bought back a decade ago.
When it comes to Fixed Bridles my favourite three that I've owned are the Flexifoil Blade IV, Peter Lynn Vapor then Pansh Ace.

I'd comfortably own a quiver of Pansh Ace or AceII's if I was on a smaller budget.  My only qualms is I think they really need to talk to the guy that did the graphics on that Pansh Ace II, *cough* I'm not sure who he is *cough* but I would of liked a few more colour varieties, perhaps some olympic rings off the Airlink :whistle: 

On 28/05/2017 at 4:37 PM, Darren Tibbey said:

I have a couple of Ace2's laying around that you're more than welcome to try.  It's not a Cerebus however at least you can give a whack on one of their FB's.
So when are you ordering a Cerebus?  Who's first @Chook or @Darren Tibbey ?

5 minutes ago, Darren Tibbey said:

Dont you think i have bought/ordered enough in the past 6months? @.Joel

Based on the current XK share price, I'd say no :declare:
Seriously when's your next anniversary or wife's b'day? Both are a good excuse to buy a Cerberus, it'll change your life :good: 

SoutherlyBuster likes this

57 minutes ago, .Joel said:

My only qualms is I think they really need to talk to the guy that did the graphics on that Pansh Ace II, *cough* I'm not sure who he is *cough* but I would of liked a few more colour varieties, perhaps some olympic rings off the Airlink :whistle: 

Your right Joel............ the "Joker" rather than the Ace of spades or diamonds, would be more suitable for the low speeds you buggy at and would suit you right down to the ground.:upyours:

5 hours ago, .Joel said:

Buy one and let us know what you think :dance:  
Pansh has excelled from the first Ace I bought back a decade ago.
When it comes to Fixed Bridles my favourite three that I've owned are the Flexifoil Blade IV, Peter Lynn Vapor then Pansh Ace.

I'd comfortably own a quiver of Pansh Ace or AceII's if I was on a smaller budget.  My only qualms is I think they really need to talk to the guy that did the graphics on that Pansh Ace II, *cough* I'm not sure who he is *cough* but I would of liked a few more colour varieties, perhaps some olympic rings off the Airlink :whistle: 

I have a couple of Ace2's laying around that you're more than welcome to try.  It's not a Cerebus however at least you can give a whack on one of their FB's.
So when are you ordering a Cerebus?  Who's first @Chook or @Darren Tibbey ?

The designs are made by one guy, one i know well enough that i saw some of the designs after they had been sent off. He makes several and pansh decide which they like or ask for changes. The designs are then limited by complexity and cost so as to keep them viable to go to market. 

Personally i think the ace2 is one of the better designs on a kite on the market currently. 

4 hours ago, socommk233 said:

Personally i think the ace2 is one of the better designs on a kite on the market currently. 

I totally agree!!!!:good: The red Ace2 looks fantastic.

See Bernie with his at the 40 second mark.

andy666 and igeighty like this

1 hour ago, Chook said:

Your loving that chrono Chook. Seems to go past everyone.

Yes love Yeppoon!!!:good: That is @gum-nuts 7mtr Ozone R1 I bought off him in the video. Got a 93.4kmh on that beach and passed most cars. 

Thats very impressive.  I get to 60 and start crapping myself. I guess its all about the gear and buggy you use.

Chook likes this

7 hours ago, Chook said:

Nice lil vid. Must share this one too because of the tunage....

My local spot 

Chook likes this

Well it was ordered on 27th May.

There was no answer to my correspondence with Pansh, as to where it was, or how it would be sent.:confused:     It just turned up in the mail (sent DHL to our PO box and I got a text from the post office to collect) on Thursday the 6th of July and Anne picked it up for me!!!:air_kiss:

A 3 mtr "all Red", Cerberus (I think this is a standard colour) and 20mtr heavy 270kg/180kg lines. For the price of these lines I was very impressed with them. No stretch and they were all exactly the same length, sleeved and stitched. Just a bit fluffy at the end of the sewing. Cigarette lighter fixed that. 

Stitching on all the kite and tabs isn't too bad at all for the price and was all really neatly done. Really impressed with the quality of this.

The material is much better than the old Pansh kites and looks like it will easily do it's job and has no stretch to it when a heap of tension is applied to it. It seems to shed the wet sand too. There are no dirt outs at the tips, but this is not a problem as there is easy access in through the front inlets and cell air transfer holes to remove debris. 

59616ac99df97_2017-07-0515_27_03.thumb.jpg.09d8ee2b1c7bf212cdde1949fd0e5f36.jpg

Unpacking it from it's simple draw string bag, my first impressions were LOTS of red material (the only colour used) and VERY thin bridles for less drag. I was really impressed with these slim, strong and unobtrusive connections to the underside of the kite. (Just like my Ozone R1's)  These increased in size (red bridles for a pair in each row on both sides of the kite) and for the centre area where the load is.

2017-07-05_15_28_17.thumb.jpg.e5e7d457525354e722a81c7d80ed679d.jpg

The lime green and bright red sleeving (the crimson are the power line leaders) in this pic are the 20mtr set of lines (White power and yellow brake) I purchased with the kite.

2017-07-05_15_23_39.thumb.jpg.3dfbc7038becb11f20c21244314100af.jpg

All the loops in the bridles are folded back on them selves, then  zigzag stitched and the threads were not heat sealed, just looked untidy

Main A,B,C clusters.

2017-07-05_15_26_13.thumb.jpg.26a41e460ad0ba6ee119c7c7e3c72e80.jpg

Most of the bridles are the Yellow lines and are very thin at .6mm

2017-07-05_15_19_10.thumb.jpg.614dce372e89408543a4708a06fe6503.jpg

The centre ones in the power area are red and .75mm.

2017-07-05_15_20_08.thumb.jpg.1557df4f751b48ee91c77a4e495392e7.jpg

With some heat sealing they will tidy up ok, but not nearly as nice and streamlined as spliced and stitched like the big boys brands.

2017-07-05_15_25_29.thumb.jpg.781c3d4bd9b26aa3db0fc8697e88a88e.jpg

It's been raining most of the week and blowing like hell. (142mm of rainfall) I took it out, set it up on my lawn between showers but the turbulence around the trees and shed was a pain and it wouldn't play the game. Not the kites fault at all, It just wouldn't launch in the swirling air. Flipped every which way the new gust hit it, before I could even get back to my "Extreme handles". It was a pain and I gave up before it flapped to bits or flew off and snagged on something sharp. I just jammed it back into it's bag and got back on with what I was doing. Modifying an 8m2 sail for my land yacht ready for Lake Lefroy in September.

More pics and flight testing to come............. when ever the weather plays the game folks. :good:

.Joel and andy666 like this

1 hour ago, Chook said:

More pics and flight testing to come when ever the weather plays the game folks. :good:

'bout time you bought one :P  Looking forward to the full review, thanks for sharing the info above :good: 

5 hours ago, Chook said:

Well it was ordered on 27th May.

There was no answer to my correspondence with Pansh, as to where it was, or how it would be sent.:confused:     It just turned up in the mail (sent DHL to our PO box and I got a text from the post office to collect) on Thursday the 6th of July and Anne picked it up for me!!!:air_kiss:

A 3 mtr "all Red", Cerberus (I think this is a standard colour) and 20mtr heavy 270kg/180kg lines. For the price of these lines I was very impressed with them. No stretch and they were all exactly the same length, sleeved and stitched. Just a bit fluffy at the end of the sewing. Cigarette lighter fixed that. 

Stitching on all the kite and tabs isn't too bad at all for the price and was all really neatly done. Really impressed with the quality of this.

The material is much better than the old Pansh kites and looks like it will easily do it's job and has no stretch to it when a heap of tension is applied to it. It seems to shed the wet sand too. There are no dirt outs at the tips, but this is not a problem as there is easy access in through the front inlets and cell air transfer holes to remove debris. 

59616ac99df97_2017-07-0515_27_03.thumb.jpg.09d8ee2b1c7bf212cdde1949fd0e5f36.jpg

Unpacking it from it's simple draw string bag, my first impressions were LOTS of red material (the only colour used) and VERY thin bridles for less drag. I was really impressed with these slim, strong and unobtrusive connections to the underside of the kite. (Just like my Ozone R1's)  These increased in size (red bridles for a pair in each row on both sides of the kite) and for the centre area where the load is.

2017-07-05_15_28_17.thumb.jpg.e5e7d457525354e722a81c7d80ed679d.jpg

The lime green and bright red sleeving (the crimson are the power line leaders) in this pic are the 20mtr set of lines (White power and yellow brake) I purchased with the kite.

2017-07-05_15_23_39.thumb.jpg.3dfbc7038becb11f20c21244314100af.jpg

All the loops in the bridles are folded back on them selves, then  zigzag stitched and the threads were not heat sealed, just looked untidy

Main A,B,C clusters.

2017-07-05_15_26_13.thumb.jpg.26a41e460ad0ba6ee119c7c7e3c72e80.jpg

Most of the bridles are the Yellow lines and are very thin at .6mm

2017-07-05_15_19_10.thumb.jpg.614dce372e89408543a4708a06fe6503.jpg

The centre ones in the power area are red and .75mm.

2017-07-05_15_20_08.thumb.jpg.1557df4f751b48ee91c77a4e495392e7.jpg

With some heat sealing they will tidy up ok, but not nearly as nice and streamlined as spliced and stitched like the big boys brands.

2017-07-05_15_25_29.thumb.jpg.781c3d4bd9b26aa3db0fc8697e88a88e.jpg

It's been raining most of the week and blowing like hell. (142mm of rainfall) I took it out, set it up on my lawn between showers but the turbulence around the trees and shed was a pain and it wouldn't play the game. Not the kites fault at all, It just wouldn't launch in the swirling air. Flipped every which way the new gust hit it, before I could even get back to my "Extreme handles". It was a pain and I gave up before it flapped to bits or flew off and snagged on something sharp. I just jammed it back into it's bag and got back on with what I was doing. Modifying an 8m2 sail for my land yacht ready for Lake Lefroy in September.

More pics and flight testing to come............. when ever the weather plays the game folks. :good:

How come you bought this @Chook thinking it will be be better than your vapor?