Is there still anyone in the Canberra area who fly's

8 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I haven't flown for a few years now. Just wondering if there are anyone around Canberra who fly's still?

Yup, I'm still around and even in winter I try and get out on the ovals if the wind is good enough. 

Mez likes this

Cool where abouts do you fly? I use to fly at amaroo years ago with Andy and Stu and Jonsey but these days the oval is too busy and built up.

Yes I went up to the Amaroo site when I first started and met Bob and a few others but agree that it's too built up now. I'm also on the south side so did not think it worth the drive. My nearest ovals are the three together behind the Burns Club in Kambah but I'd be happy to try anywhere else if a group of us wanted to get together. 

I'll try to get out - if my weekend has not been taken up Roller Derby or Basketball

Tiger37 likes this

Sounds good I am happy to have a group of get together one weekend and have a fly. Just need to work out where.

@Eluder and @BobM. Sounds good. Would be good to get together one weekend. I'm not fussed about the location if either of you have a good spot to meet. We just need the wind!