Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's to do in Melbourne

8 posts in this topic

I am going to be in Melbourne from the 25th to 28th of August and I am looking for recommendations to keep me interested on the afternoon of Friday the 25th and I have a little time on Monday the 28th before flying out at 11am.

If anyone wants to do something different then join me at the Show Grounds for mixed Roller Derby - I'll be both playing and officiating (different games naturally) on the Saturday and Sunday

I presume you are staying in the city or close to it. You could visit the Eureka Sky dec for a view of the city, hop on and off the city circle tram when you see somewhere that interests you, maybe Lygon street for dinner (highly recommend Papa Gino's for Pizza and Pasta) or china town for dinner.

If you are using public transport to get around you will need to buy a Myki card and make sure you have enough credit on it.

I'm sure some others will have some more ideas for you

Make sure to go to the Emporium for a great choice of food from many different cultures. Was a favourite for my wife and I when we lived in Melbourne. It is in the CBD within walking distance or tram. If you want to buy some thing nice for your wife, there are shops there too, all levels of prices oh and some shops for bloke things as well, hm well no hardware shops though.

The Melbourne Museum is a pretty cool place to visit.

Good suggestions - thanks

You should do a Skydive on the Friday afternoon, they land in Elwood Park which is also a great little park for kiting...

Lots of Paraponters hang out here, you will get to see the whole city while falling back to earth.

SoutherlyBuster likes this

On 29 July 2017 at 7:17 PM, Kiwikarl said:

You should do a Skydive on the Friday afternoon, they land in Elwood Park which is also a great little park for kiting...

Lots of Paraponters hang out here, you will get to see the whole city while falling back to earth.

Just don't do it on a windy day, seriously, check the weather on the BOM for forecasts.

13 hours ago, Darren Tibbey said:

Wet endings on a windy day?

Yes you guessed right, not me but ended up in the news report. The usual Melbourne weather, calm in the morning then the strong winds in the afternoon.