O-ring in line connector

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I just got a new Pansh kite that comes with metal rings in each of the 5 line connectors...and the bar has simple knots ends as you can see in the picture.

How should I do the connection? (I can take away the rings and do it as always but I guess the rings are meant for some improvement reason).

Cheers!

1.JPG

Welcome Luigi to Extreme Kites, the metal ring acts like a stopper for a larks head knot on your main lines, my FlySurf kites use the same technique. So just form a larks head knot on your main line, loop over the ring, pull tight and wah lah, you are done.

Regards,

Norman.

The line you are holding looks thicker then a standard flying line.

Is it a pansh bar and lines you are trying to use or another brand? 

Are there kook proof leaders on you flying lines?

actually looking at the picture again, the simplest thing to do is remove the ring ad larks head the bridle line (red) over the knot on the flying line. 

1 hour ago, andy666 said:

The line you are holding looks thicker then a standard flying line.

Is it a pansh bar and lines you are trying to use or another brand? 

Are there kook proof leaders on you flying lines?

actually looking at the picture again, the simplest thing to do is remove the ring ad larks head the bridle line (red) over the knot on the flying line. 

It's just a matter of perspective... kite, lines and bar are Pansh brand. Lines are pretty standard but first time I see these rings.

No kook proof leaders.

It's easy to remove the rings and go on the standard connection but wanted to learn about them and their purpose... so will go on SoutherlyBuster suggestion.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, SoutherlyBuster said:

Welcome Luigi to Extreme Kites, the metal ring acts like a stopper for a larks head knot on your main lines, my FlySurf kites use the same technique. So just form a larks head knot on your main line, loop over the ring, pull tight and wah lah, you are done.

Regards,

Norman.

Thanks a lot!... I found out Flysurfer uses this but couldn't check over any manual a picture of the connection.

I will do what I'm understanding from your explanation and post a picture to check I'm not doing it wrong.

By the way, Pansh bar's chickenloop system is very "cheap" and don't like the way they manage the 5th line... probably soon I will change the loop for a Flysurfer or another good one.

Best,

Luigi