Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BIGGER!

8 posts in this topic

Big! :eek:

My only issue with the bigger ARC's is the fact that they traditionally don't perform well in the bottom end.

I find you will get a higher performance and ease of use from a big fixed bridal kite, or the new de-power foils.

As they are smaller kites than an equivalent ARC, they will turn and respond quicker, a huge asset in light winds.   

Even though it's a big kite kite, I'm not expecting big things from it. But for about $350 delivered from Germany, it was to good to pass up.

nigel, Mez and Chook like this

On 21/09/2017 at 4:48 AM, plummet said:

Got a petrol powered leaf blower to pump it up? I imagine it will turn like a bus with a steering problem.

Yep, I have a small fan that I inflate my arcs with. A lot easier then holding open zippers etc.

i haven't been able to fully stretch out the big girl yet, but here are a few pics. Just the spars are about 1.8m long!

IMG_7762.thumb.JPG.7448d2e657e6959272d5e312274112f5.JPGIMG_7763.thumb.JPG.4f9c99a91521f1740bf033e1825813a1.JPGIMG_7764.thumb.JPG.ea62d4ba53b58ccdad3b0eafd7459856.JPG

Dingo and Mez like this

I hope she's not a pile of wasted material? - Just think, when your done, how many smaller foils you could make with all that!!

Have fun on the test flight @andy666

SoutherlyBuster likes this