Sign in to follow this  
wolfie

Bribie a new

That was the south facing part of red beach (the part that is usually fairly narrow). About an hour after low.

The "knob" part between reds and skirmish was a bit better, but still hard to find places to land a kite without shredding it.

Nearly scored your first dog for the season as well I see. :D I though it was going to end up in your lap there for a moment when you started sliding towards it.

Beach looks like it's in good condition considering the big tides and winds of late. :good:

Will have to get one of those kite landing devices you have, does Jason stock them at Briskites?? :derisive:

Hoping to get out for my first session for the season myself this afternoon. Got to christen these new wheels and tyres. After a hectic last 6 months or so at work it will be nice to hit the beach again.

Went to Skirmish for a walk on Saturday, place has changed a lot, the beach entrance has been opened up so its a lot easier to get buggy's on the beach... lot of people on the beach, and a LOT of dogs... and point was swarming with fishermen.

Dunes are very eroded and there is about 30m of soft sand between high tide mark and tree's, the area of dune grass between teh beach and treeline on teh point is completely gone.

......place has changed a lot......

What about the drive up there. 2 new 1/2 built overpasses ... new shopping villages ... new bunnings ... new costco ... new suburbs !!

It's been way too long !

Still have sand in my ears :o

Thems skirmish numbers...... I could be tempted

So are you still thinking of heading out? I don't know if I'll be able to buggy (got heat stroke yesterday), but I'll be at bribie anyhow so I'll come and say g'day.

Only me been so long forgot how to fly but still know how to park kites in trees :eek::diablo::crazypilot: but we had good wind Bryan Marty an me andy666 came for a walk but didn't fly

It's been way too long!!! :friends:

Sluggo more than a catch up we NEED BEER!! :drinks: it's been to long but hoping that's going to change I'm looking at coming home to work for a bit I'm in town till the 2nd then gone till the 28th Jan so yeah CALL ME U STILL GOT ME NUMBER IF NOT CALL MARTY!! lETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!! :friends::drinks::crazypilot::goplay::popcorm1::diablo:

Any of you guys still head out to Bribie, I live so far and not really sure what wind directions can be utilized so want to be sure.

Can you use any winds from the west.

Maybe could do a meet one weekend if the wind is right.