Sign in to follow this  
Goz

Extreme Kites Yeppoon Meet 2012!

Well guys unfortunatly I won't be able to make it up to yeppoon this year, I just received some bad medical news which is going to knock me off my feet for a few months. So I expect plenty of pics and video of all the fun that I'll be missing. From the list of those attending, it's going to be the biggest meet yet.

The good news for someone else though, is that there is now a bed free in Chooks unit at driftwood for anyone that may have missed out.

What are the Qld Rangers Like?

If there anything like our Ranger Stacey down here I'l sleep on the beach in the back of me truck, No Prob's..... But with the price of diesel right now there is no way I'm even considering paying for accomodation at this stage....

& as for flying up, well the courier costs to get my gear up n back would almost cover my fuel so no brainer, drive n sleep in the truck :yes3:

Not before I get my beer :drinks:

Competition details are finalized :clapping:

‘Sand of Origin’ – Guess the right weight

The ‘Sand of Origin’ comp will be held during the Easter Weeknd at Yeppoon. We will pick the first/best 'Most of us are drunk' evening, which evening this is is yet to be determined .....

It will be completely free to enter but it is worth noting that bribery (which is normally frowned upon) will be effective in muddying the waters so to speak.

So your taking reach arounds now huh :pump: nice n hard

The kite will be left in its bag (Still not removed from last Stockton trip) and will be made available for fondling and satisfying your competitive curiosity’s. This availability period will be short ... so pay attention or you may miss out.

All you have to do is guess the weight of sand that is in the kite ....

I like the fondle

HOW EASY IS THAT !

I didn't know you were that easy Marty :dontknow:

DEAD EASY :air_kiss:

Once the guesses are recorded the kite will be properly weighed on a set of scales.

The sand will then be removed from the kite and the kite will be RE weighed.

The person who guesses closest to the total weight of the sand will be the winner :clapping::clapping:

In the event of a tie there will be a beer drinking death battle:drinks:

Ha no way Wolfie's not allowed to enter then, he might sit on me when i try n steal his bug

First prize is a *drumroll*

$200 Briskites gift voucher

:party::party::party::party:

Kindly donated by an Anonymous kite junky :dontknow:

Second prize is a 6 pack of beer .... that's right .... BEER (beer brand and temperature to be determined by competition officials on the day)

Just gimme 2nd prize now! I drink Tooheys Old and I like it ICY COLD...... :yes3: I know you Marty and me knows we gots ta spell it out for ya M8

No Bruces are allowed to enter. Organizer reserve the right to change whatever rule whenver they want to suit whatever outcome they desire.

Poor Bruce :crybaby:

Who are the officials?

Were they @ Stockton when it was filled with Sand?

Can they also enter said comp?

:goplay::crazypilot::dance::dance3::wall2::dance4::wall:

What are the Qld Rangers Like?

If there anything like our Ranger Stacey down here I'l sleep on the beach in the back of me truck, No Prob's..... But with the price of diesel right now there is no way I'm even considering paying for accomodation at this stage....

& as for flying up, well the courier costs to get my gear up n back would almost cover my fuel so no brainer, drive n sleep in the truck :yes3:

Not really sure about rangers, but you may want to check to tides first, don't think there's a lot of beach left at high tide :D

There is a camp site nearby.

There is a caravan park right on the beach if you want to sleep in the back of the truck Dave.

It's not the rangers you would have to worry about but the police and the local law enforcement officers and the fines.