Sign in to follow this  
andy666

Easter @ Yeppoon 2015

Awww COME ON GOZZY!!!!! Whats your game??? :diablo:

This is Easter #4 and I haven't see a blue ocean yet. Yeppoon has been storm ravaged every year mate!!!!

I've been through Brizzy 6 times already and never seen it for the pissing rain.

Rollercoastered in on the last flight to Rocky before cyclone Isa last year.

Last warning.........you and Faulty get your shit together. :(

I'm sick of raking the beach................ :mad:..................................... :derisive:

Because of the ol roosters order this may blow out all the wind hope he put his jet in too to make more may have to come the se c on week if I make it at all again another new job and change !, but I may b able to put some more time in to this now an get out there again an start kiting again !

Ha ha. You had better make an appearance Wolfie, you piked out last year fella.

Spoke to Basil about an hour ago and he said they were evacuated and had minimal damage.

Still no power and the phone systems are being rationed.

Just a 2 meter drop down to the beach at the moment.

Glad it turned out ok for them. :good:

There was also some mumblin' about now he'd been through a cat 5 cyclone he was a true aussie, but it was a terrible phone line. :D

good to hear that driftwood survived, but I'm not sure about basil being a true Aussie now? maybe just something else for the pommy bugger to whinge about :derisive:

Whether driftwood survived or not, I was still showing up at easter. Even if it meant sleeping in the swag on the beach :good:

Thought I'd post an update on the state of the beach post-Marcia for those unsure about coming up....

Did a nice 20km buggy run after work this arvo (4M Toxic in 15-17knt winds) to check it out.

It's a bit mixed - getting the buggy onto Farnborough is easy but getting off a bit of an effort - most entry points are now much steeper and with loose sand. Then again, it's only a couple of minutes of exercise....

In front of Driftwood and along the beach from SLSC to Barlow's Creek there's still a fair bit of debris near the high tide mark with branches and pumice stone - it's clearing and there's still plenty of beach of course but a bit potholed and rippled at present though this may clear by Easter. You can no longer buggy through to the sailing club as there's now lots more exposed rock and a stretch with no sand at all now .

In the other direction Barlow's Creek is again easy to cross - though I hit it too fast tonight and got a nice shower on the way through.

And even better news...! Once you get through the creek the beach is smooth as glass and all clear. Had a blast through to Bangalee and then found Something even better - there's no vehicle access at Bangaleeas the entrance is washed out. Looks like kiters won't have to watch out for 4wds - it's all ours! Judging by the amount of damage to the entry there it looks like it will be like this for a while.

So my early prediction is for a huge empty smooth beach - can't wait to share the front yard with some of you guys...

PS - please bring wind

Although no 4wd access is a bummer. I always like going for a drive up the beach.

Shit hadn't thought about that.............. bloody hell Robbo you better be on your best behaviour, or your in the creek with me and the crocks this year. :eek: :eek: Best pack a snorkel mate.

Shit hadn't thought about that.............. bloody hell Robbo you better be on your best behaviour, or your in the creek with me and the crocks this year. :eek: :eek: Best pack a snorkel mate.

i can lay in my kite and float accross, the snorkel will be for you cause we all know chooks cant swim :D:clapping:

Setup on the lawn.......... launch and we are going to have to sling shot you off the grass Robbo!!!! :D

post-5347-1433663642967_thumb.jpg

Hope your going to get busy with the old banjo before we hit there and smooth it out a tad Faulty???

Well car access onto the beach at Bangalee is back open - took a run yesterday afternoon for 10k past the resort and there was no shortage of 4wds. Some wonderful smooth stretches but a few little wash-outs that can catch you out. It was nice while it lasted having the beach to myself... Looking forward to Easter and sharing it with some kiters....

What mount is that Andy?

It's home made, but I assume your talking about how it uses a gopro mount to attach to the helmet rather then drilling/screwing into the helmet. Its a modified J-hook mount, with the usual caster wheel for the pivot.

I'm going to make another one and do a "How To" write up with pictures.