Sign in to follow this  
andy666

Easter @ Yeppoon 2015

Geeez.......... I'm a google pirate, stuffed if I know where that beach is either.

Don't I get a gold star for finding a beach pic with a palm tree in it, with the right writing scrawled all over it, in my favourite colour. :D

Catch you soon guys.

When I see that it reminds me how lucky I am to be living across the road from Farnborough - no packing for me... :D

What day are most people likely to arrive? If anyone's getting there earlier in the week come over to 14 Todd and say g'day,

I'll make sure there's some beer in the fridge.... :drinks:

Rob Lukin and I should get to Driftwood mid Wednesday morning. April fools day.

That is if I have a 3 flights that fly on time. :good:

Hasn't happened the past 3 Easters. :( It's a very long story, but I think Ben Cousins is in custody so that eliminates my full body search by a federal copper this year.) :eek:

Come over and catch up Bernie.

I just have to assemble the buggy and then we hit the beach if the winds right.

I'm unpacking Andy.................. to get my bag down to 20kgs. :D

Clock is ticking and I'm counting down the hours. Bring on Easter.

Are you super hi aspect ratio arcs in there Andy, will be interesting to see how you go with them, well on the videos that is.

Yep, there are a few new toys in that picture. You spotted the f-arcs at the back of the pic.

There is also the buggy bike against the wall, the rotating helmet mount and one other kite that no one has spotted yet :derisive:

Clock is ticking and I'm counting down the hours. Bring on Easter

I'm working Wed/Thurs in Rocky but should be home by 5pm both days - enough time to get out on beach.

Then again maybe I feel a sickie coming on...

Wind and tides looking ok but a little rain looming.

Will definitely come over regardless.... Safe travels to all flying (no kamikaze pilots.... :crazypilot: )

The kite bike is easy, if you can already travel on two wheels for any extended time.

To start, point the bike down wind at 45 degrees off dirrect down wind (or a little less).

Launch kite and keep it above head, put bum in seat.

Down wind leg acts as balance (on ground), upwind leg is on peg.

Swoop kite from centre to your bikes facing (left or right), as pull builds, take weight off downwind foot, and steer bike towards kite so you can't be pulled/tipped over.

When rolling and balanced, turn against kites pull.

From here it's just like being on two wheels.

You can also lean really hard against the kite so the upwind bike frame can run on the ground, just be careful about digging the frame in the ground, as it can stick.

You'll want to be more under powered than over powered, as you can't dump the extra power in a slide like a normal buggy, but you can slide a bike!!! :D

Just watch out you don't catch a high side!!!! :eek:

Just finished moving house in time for Easter, now to find where I put all my gear during the big move. :rolleyes:

Hopefully I won't be too sore by the weekend, because at the moment everything hurts. :blackeye:

I'm actually moving house the weekend I get back from yeppoon, so hopefully I still have the energy after weeks of kiting.

Cheers for the info Nigel. I have been very hesitant to try the buggy bike as I have previously dislocated my shoulder in the buggy, but I figure I need to try it atleast once :D

Cheers for the info Nigel. I have been very hesitant to try the buggy bike as I have previously dislocated my shoulder in the buggy, but I figure I need to try it atleast once :D

And Basil was going to rip his plums off when he saw the divot Andy had ripped out of his lawn trying it down the slope.

We will have the cameras rollin' and the band-aids on standby. :good:

I hope you guys all have an absolutely awesome Easter in Yeppoon I am seriously envious :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see the pictures, video and hear the stories...

Good winds and fly hard - stay safe :drinks:

Must b good bugging as no posts yet other than Andys rain one on Fbook

Umm, actually I've only had an hours buggying since I got here :o

Yesterday I pulled the steering rack out of Basils TVR and chook helped out with some post cyclone repairs.

38A6971A-BF67-4F6F-9DD8-42DB58567512.jpg