Sign in to follow this  
andy666

Easter @ Yeppoon 2015

Umm, actually I've only had an hours buggying since I got here :o

Yesterday I pulled the steering rack out of Basils TVR and chook helped out with some post cyclone repairs.

38A6971A-BF67-4F6F-9DD8-42DB58567512.jpg

That would b like the blind leading the blind with chook an basil wouldn't it lol :D

No, not great condition at the moment. It picked up to about 15knots the arvo, but was cross shore.

Luckily, yeppoon is wide enough that you can still buggy in cross shore wind and have a blast :derisive:

Chook here on Andy's computer.

Wind is very light during the mornings and is increasing gently as the tide gets to the low mark later in the afternoons.

All sorts of alterations happening on kites and buggys.

Flew the indoor Rev on the beach and was well over powered at 1 knot of wind. Had fun though.

There has only been two days we haven't buggied.

Went to the point with Bernie and the wind was cranking and averaged 56kmh there and back.

The whole beach has been laser planed and we have to try real hard to find any rough spots. Usually stingray holes.

The creek is a non event at low tide with it only being only 50mm or so deep. When I returned after playing up at Bangalee for a few hours was still only 100mm or so in depth. The water is clear no smell and nicely tapered entry slopes into the water way.

Beach is 382mtrs wide (on the GPS) at low tide and almost perfectly flat all the 23 kms to the point, just a pebbly/gritty bar that is exposed about 15 mtrs in from the low tide mark. LOTS of debris at the high tide mark though. :eek:

Got to run tides out far enough and winds over 12 knots and directly onshore. It's a bloody tough gig here. :good:

Bye............ :D

Hi, its me Anthony.(this is my first post) :D

Just made an account not long ago and thanks for all the useful tips you guys have told me and to let me borrow the ozone access. Today didn't sound like a bad day and I have just been waiting for my new buggy to arrive at my doorstep.

Umm, actually I've only had an hours buggying since I got here :o

That's only because you decided to unpack and have a Nana Nap instead of coming kiting on the day you arrived :D "

Chook, Bernie and myself had a great time that afternoon.

Looks like the wind is going to be bloody great this weekend, forecast is looking like 20+ knots SE :crazypilot:

Hi, its me Anthony.(this is my first post) :D

Just made an account not long ago and thanks for all the useful tips you guys have told me and to let me borrow the ozone access. Today didn't sound like a bad day and I have just been waiting for my new buggy to arrive at my doorstep.

Great to meet you and your Dad the other day Ant, only to happy to help you out with the loan of the kite for the afternoon. Pack your small kites for this coming weekend a hanky on strings should get you going this weekend. :D

Hope the Postie delivers for you this week. :derisive:

Thanks Goz,

The buggy is supposed to arrive tomorrow (09-04-2015)

so I would to love to try it out sometime hopefully. I might be kitesurfing while the winds are good because the only land kite I think I could use to maybe get going in the buggy is with a 2.4m trainer kite, but if no one is kitesurfing I will try to get going on my new buggy :D:D:D Just don't know if a 2.4m kite will be enough power to get me going on the buggy.

Ok sound like my small 2.4m kite should be able to pull me around. Anyways if it does pull me it will be my first time in a buggy, so i might want to go with a small kite to start off..

Chook back again. :) Sorry Lofty I can't log into EK with my phone for some reason. :( (Andy's lent me his laptop to reply to you mate.)

Hey Loftywinds your 12.5 Montana M5 kite, arrived late Tuesday arvo. :good:

Many thanks for all you have done for me. I really appreciate it. Owe you a beer when we catch up.

Basil dropped it over to our unit round tea time, after boring it up his Mrs for buying a back pack they didn't need. :D

Laid it out on the lawn and it looks fantastic mate.

Put some silicon on the lines using my favourite "Sewers aid". It decreases the line friction a huge amount and the bonus is it brightens up the line colour as well. It dries so doesn't attract any dirt or sand.

Sewers aid, is a bit hard to get from sewing shops (it's used when sewing thicker material to stop the needle over heating and also stops the needle gumming up while sewing sticky backed Velcro or cloth.) I got mine from Amazon.com as I couldn't get it locally.

I equalized the lines (one just needed a knot to shorten it) and sorted out the depower stopper ball.

As soon as the tide was right I laid it out on the beach.

Andy 666, checked it over for me and gave it a test/trim fly, with me holding the back of his harness so I could see what he was showing me. I can't skud with a titanium ankle.

A quick lesson from Andy on how the safety quick releases work, trim strap control and into the buggy for my first fly.

I spent the arvo cruising the beach and it pulls like a truck. :good:

Andy was trying out his new Peter Lynn " FArc 16mtr". Boy it looks fantastic in it's red livery.

Rob was on his 7mtr Ikon.

The Montana is MUCH different from the Vapors I'm used to and really enjoyed the experience. We have some Gopro footage that Andy will put together when the winds are not favourable.

Bernie turned up later after he finished work and he took it for a run as well. The wind dropped just after sunset.

Havin' a ball here in Yeppoon. :dance3::crazypilot:

I'm wrapped Lofty cheers. :friends:

As Chook just said, I took the f-arc for a test fly yesterday arvo. The wind was maybe 5 knots at best. The 12m f-arc wouldn't get off the ground, so pulled out the 16m. With the help of Chook, we just managed to get it in the air.

If it stopped moving it simply fell out of the sky, so I jumped in the buggy and took off.

Very under powered until I started moving, but then the power suddenly kicks in and I became very much a passenger :eek:

That's awesome feedback guys! Was worried for a moment thinking you wouldn't enjoy it (the utube video I put up when I was selling it was crap and embarrasing really). Sooo glad you guys are getting good use of her. Yeah she pulls like a truck alright, but one of the best things about the Montana was how much lift it wants to give you when jumping. The landings are not as smooth as a Flysurfer, but hey... this ain't a Flysurfer kite! :)

Can't wait to see a video of it being used properly at last! I only used her for landkiting an hour here or there at our local circket turf, so it's really not had much use. I can't remember whom I bought it of (Paul?) originally back in 2013, but I certainly got my kicks out of her, and now she's in good hands.

Cheers guys and keep stoke-ing! :clapping:

ps: Oh and thanks about the Sewers tip. If you could point me where to get some, that would be great. Enjoy Chooks!

pss: Oh and pass my cheers to Rob L. We met years back in Townsville, at Oonoonba Park. Tell him Ian, the guy that came out to greet us playing with the kites, now has a Chrono 12m at last! He's over the moon. I got to keep his FS Speed 3 12m and so far I'm loving it. I'll have to save up for a Speed 4 as I am a jumper, not a runner! :P

Thanks lads I had to cross the creek at high tide after dark Sunday evening as I was cruising the beach on a steady 10 knot easterly on 6.5 vapor. I got home with all my bits and covered 253.7kilometers for the day.

Just lovin' life in Yeppoon. :dance4:

It will be sad to let Andy return to Brissy tomorrow. It means Beans and tin corn from here on. :(

The last few days have been corkers wind wise. :good:

Been haunting the run to the point and out running most 4 wheel drives past Bangalee. Small Vapors both days. (finished up on 2.7 today) :dance3:

Rob is busy now putting together some footage.

The tides are unreal and all but the centre of the beach can be covered at over 70kmh.

Got to rest we have 21 knot winds forcast again tomorrow. :D