Jump to content
jdhot

Sydney Guys

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Mfwetu said:

I'm aiming for 11 at Shoalhaven surf club which will give us a couple of hours either side of the low tide. Hope to see you there.

Yes and yes. Give me a shout if you need a lift

Thanks. I'll probably get there nearer mid day all being well. See you there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mfwetu said:

I'm aiming for 11 at Shoalhaven surf club which will give us a couple of hours either side of the low tide. Hope to see you there.

Yes and yes. Give me a shout if you need a lift

yeah that would be awesome. Where and when?

do u still have my number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Met with @Mfwetu and @Phil Litchfield at Shoalhaven Heads today. Great to meet you both. Wind started NE at 12 - 15 knots. Had a great buggy run south down the beach with @Mfwetu amazingly kiting on shortened skis! It was quite a sight. Covered 18km with max speed 49.8kph before the wind sadly moved more northerly making it very difficult to get back up the beach. A good day in the buggy on the beach and good to meet two more enthusiasts! Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tiger37 said:

Met with @Mfwetu and @Phil Litchfield at Shoalhaven Heads today. Great to meet you both. Wind started NE at 12 - 15 knots. Had a great buggy run south down the beach with @Mfwetu amazingly kiting on shortened skis! It was quite a sight. Covered 18km with max speed 49.8kph before the wind sadly moved more northerly making it very difficult to get back up the beach. A good day in the buggy on the beach and good to meet two more enthusiasts! Thanks. 

That's why I migrated down to Hammerhead last weekend - the beach is at a different angle to the prevailing winds and if the wind becomes a bit more northerly then the beach accommodates the upwind leg a lot better.

put this into google maps for a location 

h t t p s://w w w . g oogle.com.au/maps/@-34.9955245,150.7880225,18.25z

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BobM thanks. Google Maps link does not seem to work for me but having just put Hammerhead NSW in search, it shows a location on the beach running north of Currarong. Is that it? Looks good. Where do you park and enter the beach from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tiger37 said:

@BobM thanks. Google Maps link does not seem to work for me but having just put Hammerhead NSW in search, it shows a location on the beach running north of Currarong. Is that it? Looks good. Where do you park and enter the beach from?

try taking all the spaces out of the URL.  Google maps and Extreme Kites seem to disagree about things, so I added the spaces.

There is a dirt track off the road to Currarong (which is at the co ordinates in the url).  There is a car park and a track down to the beach.

It is definitely a two person job to get my large buggy back up from the beach to the car park (I had my wife with me to help out).

 

Next time you are down that way, check it out for NE winds tending Northerly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed out, don't have a lot of time on my hands lately.. house reno's.

Also not receiving notifications on threads, will have to make more time to check here.

Would still be up for a met if anymore are going to happen, need to take my beast out for a run.

JD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit early to tell bu the wind's not looking too favorable this weekend. If it picks up I may shoot down for a Sunday arvo session. I'll post here if I do decide to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/01/2018 at 5:56 PM, Mfwetu said:

A bit early to tell bu the wind's not looking too favorable this weekend. If it picks up I may shoot down for a Sunday arvo session. I'll post here if I do decide to go

Sorry can't make it this weekend. Family duties!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well it was great to meet you too Tiger and thanks for the tips gotta keep working the loops and holding it in the window.  a big thank you to pete for the lift down and the lend of the gear, it was my first time landboarding and well say no more but I'm sure It was a piece of sand in my teeth this morning.. keen to have another go.. I will make more than 50 mtrs.. oneday!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not enough wind this weekend to warrant the trip. Hopefully the fish are biting

19 hours ago, Phil Litchfield said:

well it was great to meet you too Tiger and thanks for the tips gotta keep working the loops and holding it in the window.  a big thank you to pete for the lift down and the lend of the gear, it was my first time landboarding and well say no more but I'm sure It was a piece of sand in my teeth this morning.. keen to have another go.. I will make more than 50 mtrs.. oneday!! 

Glad you enjoyed it Phil. I'll give you a shout when I go down again. Here's a pic of the action

 

vs180201-001.JPG

Have a look at youtube clips from @carltb for tips on getting going with the landboard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thx pete. great pic and thx for the video had a look at a few and know where I went wrong..

was having a look at the wind for this week, Thursday arvo/evening looks good for some where close by or a sunday arvo session at the beach,, anyone??

and I will not give up until I've gone at a 1km on the landboard.. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't do Thursday or Sunday. Wind's not bad for Wed/Thurs but the tides aren't great if you're looking for arvo sessions with the landboard this week. Wanda's a no-go zone after 4pm because that's starting time for the dog walking mob to fertilise the beach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

might try a static session and get some practice on the controls this week somewhere local, found an old gimbal belt and brace that should work as harness with some alterations, and with some fancy rope work, pully and a ring or two it should all come together. ( I hope).

 cheers to the injuries to come!! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Similar Content

    • By BobM
      Looks like this is on again
      13 Oct 2018
      https://www.hilltopsphoenix.com.au/harden-kite-festival-2/
      https://www.facebook.com/events/155472345068938/
       
    • By jhn.holgate
      11am to 5pm on October 15 is the Harden Kite Festival.  Harden is situated in NSW about 100km North West of Canberra.  There are lots of events, market stalls and competitions planned for the day.  Website here: http://hardenkitefestival.org/  From the looks of Google maps it's a very open and large area to fly in and there appears to be more than enough room for some buggying or landboarding too.   
      I could be talked into a road trip.....
      Google map link..... Google Map

    • By Steph
      Will be in Byron Bay during the first week in April to Kite Board.
       
      Any idea if the wind is predictable or consistent there? Is it Kiteable? Any info. on Byron Bay at all would be great!
       
      Thanks!
×