jhn.holgate

Nasa Star 3 Competition

Gday, My name is Doug, i like kites :)

Congratulations on the new website rollout. Id love a chance to fly the NASA, Thanks to Born for donating this beauty. and thanks to Extreme kites for providing a great forum.

Good luck everybody.

Hi Team!!

wow thank you for all the hard work John and crew. As you're probably aware by now my name is Fernando and I am not a troll. I just have a passion or an obsession for kites especially kite surfing kites, which has lead me to want to share my love for kites with others on some very colourful tones and language. My apologies for this really. However safety and kite control are my forte in this amazing sport. And I am more than happy to help or.provide some advice to help anyone enjoy the amazing world of kites and kite surfing.

Here is a picture of my poorly Speed 3, which is why winning this great price will dampen my disappointment with the state of my Flysurfer.

thank you guys and good winds!

WP_20150531_014.jpg

Thanks John and the crew for the competition and updates. Works great and is easy to read and use on mobile devices as well

​Thanks Sean.  I haven't had the chance to have a look at it on the ipad yet - good to know it's going well. :good:

I fly mostly Quads (Revolution style), having the Freilein Windrider X Std + full vented + Freilein TransEye.

I have a PL Hornet III 3.0m2, HQ Symphony Beach 1.3 + 2.2 Pro in the power department, looking for something more. Been considering the PL Uniq Play 1.0 as first single skin.

And I am from Denmark, Europe.

Edited by povlhp

Hi I'm Shane aka OBEwan.  I fly HQ kites and some Ozone Accesses and run a Peter Lynn Outlaw buggy.

Love the new format guys! Awesome work.

Congrats to John on your elevation to grand high mogul.  I'm sure you'll rule with fair but swift justice.

A huge thank you to Joel for your years of work on XK and for the recent upgrade.

See you all on the beaches bitches!

Cheers, all!  Been a member at the PKF for going on 8 yrs. now, just signed up here, and since my old avatar is here, I guess I must have signed up before and forgot.  Anyway, many kites, mostly HQ, but also several NPW's by kitemaker 4, PKF's own NPW goddess.  I'd love the opportunity to try the Born NASA Star 3's.  Thanks to extreme kites and Born kites for this great giveaway.  This site looks great!  Thanks again, Bob.

Edited by bobalooie57
Forgot to put my name! I know....

This topic sounds like an AA meeting for kiters!!

My names Nigel, I've been flying kites way to long, got way to many, and go way to fast in my buggy.

I have power kites, ballet kites, single string kites, stunt kites, and even one's that don't fly.

But I just can't help it, I need more kites.

With the arrival of my little man, Alexander, who's 2, I now have an excuse to buy more kites.

The spare bedroom is only half full of kites, so help me fill it.

A new Born NASA would look great with it's fellow single skin C-Quads in the corner.

Biggest kite flown: a 23m NASA in 3 knots of wind!!  I had to have two people hold me down!!

Biggest injury: When my retinas were burned after seeing this...

Kiting10-9-06 077.jpg

Hi!  I am Tami. I have been buggying since 2012 and started kite skiing last winter. For buggying I use mostly PL FB kites. I have been skiing with Flysurfer Peaks. I would love to try out the NASA Star 3

just signed up here, and since my old avatar is here, I guess I must have signed up before and forgot.

Welcome bobalooie57, actually were utilising Gravatar, which compares your email on signup against the Gravatar database. if your avatar exists there were pulling it over for your profile image automatically, you can always change/override this in your profile settings.

My name is Jeff, and I have a friend who just started to get me into flying.  Ultimately, I would like to add Kiteboarding and Kitesurfing to my regime of hobbies.  Please enter me into the drawing as it would be awesome to win a free kite to get me started!

I hope some of you newbies that have signed up will continue to contribute to the forum and are not just here to win a kite:eek:

Have a look around, read some posts and ask some questions.

Edited by gum-nuts

Hi Joel, Thanks for the welcome, and the explanation.  I thought maybe my age/feeblemindedness was catching up with me, but your explanation makes sense.  That avatar works just fine, thanks again.  Bob

Hi,

My name is Bob and I have been flying power kites since I got a PL Pocket Peel (too) many years ago.  Will the NASA work with quad skates?

:-)

What's the fastest anyone has been on a NASA? I've done 66kph in an ice buggy, Joe Steffert did 71kph last week, down the road passing trucks.

Geez, you may have the record there.  Best I've done was 58kph with the 2.5m Nasa Star 2 on the claypan at Kingston.  I'll bet Joe's effort surprised a few truck drivers!

I've only been able to hit 38kph mowing through my inland grass field.  I wouldn't doubt that's the fastest anyone has been with one.  Are those similar to a npw9 design?

This topic sounds like an AA meeting for kiters!!

My names Nigel, I've been flying kites way to long, got way to many, and go way to fast in my buggy.

I have power kites, ballet kites, single string kites, stunt kites, and even one's that don't fly.

But I just can't help it, I need more kites.

With the arrival of my little man, Alexander, who's 2, I now have an excuse to buy more kites.

The spare bedroom is only half full of kites, so help me fill it.

You haven't got Georgia her own kite yet and I don't think Alex will want to share his so you have the perfect excuse to buy at least one more kite.:eek: