gum-nuts

Lake Lefroy Regatta

Sorry gents, been crook and didn't get to wish you all the best and safe travels. We'll join you in a few years! I'd live to see the Nullabor! 

Take care and I'm looking forwards to the photos John! 

From Mez X

Getting ready - buggy checked over, tyre pressures checked, bolts tightened, GoPro chase mount reinstalled, safety gear checked, anemometer and GPS plus spare batteries.

New kite's set to arrive Thursday, if the Manta II hasn't sold that's coming too. KAP kite and all my camera gear all packed and charged.

Everything is ready to go into the ute on Thursday ready for an early start on Friday morning.

blogger-image--1459197094.jpg

blogger-image--707613790.jpgblogger-image-1466555072.jpg

I'm loading the big car trailer and the pile is huge of gear to bring!!!!

6 Land yachts, 22 sails, 11 masts. Spare wheels tyres and tubes. Tyre changer (I built just in case.)

Kite buggy and set of Vapors, armour etc.

260ltrs of rain water and a pump up garden sprayer to clean gear and shower with.

Some camera gear, tent, swag solar shower.

Solar panels, fridge and plenty of nil wind nectar.  Also helps to activate the healing if it's all is not going well.:sarcastic:

I'll throw some mallee roots on, to keep us warm by the fire as well.

Thursday around lunchtime is my flight plan for Lefroy.

Don't forget the southerlies!  Thurs is looking like NE'ers - I take it that's possibly the worst direction?  Swinging to the south on Friday by the looks.  Should be a bit warmer than down here though.  Hope to give the dunes a whirl tomorrow. 

Is that for the salt spray or for the insane speed you get with the possibility of sphincter failure?

Bit of each really.................. I got a couple of pair from Blackwoods $4.60 GST inc each.

Great advice John.

Sounds encouraging from Bryan and Vic.

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Land-Yacht-Sailing/Events-Competitions/water-update-Lake-Lefroy-Sat-19th/

I've been and bought my supplies today, water, wine and food, loaded into the camper trailer, ready to roll. Everything else ready to go in Thursday.

The R1 has arrived in Perth, wind forecast has changed already, looking better for Sunday and good for Monday, just need Friday and Saturday to come to the party...

image.thumb.png.391d2265442bf263c92aef96

Obsessed much!:sarcastichand:

Opps looks like the wind gods might be a day or 2 late, Mon-Tue is the weather pattern we want to see. Mon arvo to push the water away from the launch area then Tue for a good steady breeze keeping the water away. Glad I took the rest of the week off.

Capture.PNG

Arrived and Friday and was able to fly the new Ozone R1 7m, it was about 6-7 knots. 

Yesterday was a lot of sitting around waiting for the wind but did get a play at about 3. The frustrating thing is that areas of the lake are still quite wet and we are using the ponds which are surrounded by causeways - so you quite rapidly run out of room.

They also have some water on them in places, so the salt spray is bad. Ended up not being able to see, through a combination of salt and sun-screen in my eyes - just couldn't keep them open! 

The kite, buggy and other gear is going to need a really good clean when I get home.

Lots of wind overnight and it's still blowing this morning, though we have had a few spots of rain. It's then a case of seeing which areas are driest. I'm hoping that if the wind is more consistent I can get some video.

The Ozone R1 7m is an awesome kite, i did fly it in 6-7 knots on the first day, then had a bit of trouble trying to get it to launch in next to nothing yesterday morning. But in the afternoon it really came into its own, with fantastic acceleration, super quick, tight turns, and  huge potential for speed - just need a bit more space and consistent wind!

blogger-image-1361077886.jpg

blogger-image-1193234501.jpg

blogger-image--811058394.jpg

blogger-image--1641629474.jpg

blogger-image-1197153116.jpg

blogger-image-1367245338.jpg

Had a south east wind over night and Voila! Lefroy was dry where we wanted it to be.  So gum nuts, myself and one other yacht had a great run on part of the main lake while the races were being run in one of the ponds. 

A few asst pics from yesterday and today....

image.thumb.jpg.f6566e341c4b62761327db3bimage.thumb.jpg.639d57523bdea00374fb35c2image.thumb.jpg.da2d229b9c325c1c7fdbfdaf

the surface this morning

image.thumb.jpg.0f8215c5c44c7c1d07247284

image.thumb.jpg.b942a6220e496ccd6f739bef

And the R1 pilot doing the walk of Shame :D

image.thumb.jpg.30e1ddcb0a28734538d48af0

image.jpg

The last pic is Chook :Chook:

Got back home this arvo and set my personal buggy detailer (my 12 year old daughter!) to work...

from this (well it wasn't quite that bad as I rinsed it befor I left) - 

image.thumb.jpeg.80c7bfb6d29c43e351354a9

To this, she also cleaned my harness and sandbag -

image.thumb.jpeg.cf4b62a74d7afe75d6ae0fa

image.thumb.jpeg.ea0d06803dd1d74ee32c885

tomorrow I will unpack the kite and clean of any salt off the sail and give the bar and lines a good rinse, I'll wait until tomorrow so it can dry!