gum-nuts

Lake Lefroy Regatta

I've been looking at some of the video this evening - a bit disappointing really.

Most of the POV GoPro footage has got salt/water splatters and the Soloshot stuff has got a lot of nothing on it (and as the battery only lasts half an hour on the camcorder, only has a couple of minutes of usable stuff) or very distant stuff - we had a lot of room to play in!

There also isn't much else around to give you a point of reference for speed or perspective.

I'll keep looking and I'm hoping to get a few minutes of usable stuff - but at the moment it's doing my head in!

image.thumb.jpeg.0779bf71ed6424adf0f33d7

@gum-nuts, you might prefer the forks backwards, like was mentioned, it does give some extra leg room.  I'm short so it doesn't bother me but demoknight preferred his that way because he is taller.  I don't think it matters, just whichever way is more comfortable

and the Soloshot stuff has got a lot of nothing on it (and as the battery only lasts half an hour on the camcorder, only has a couple of minutes of usable stuff) or very distant stuff - we had a lot of room to play in!

What????  You mean all my rude gestures towards the cam were in vain??  Noooooooooo!!

Here's one I prepared earlier....

Fantastic John!!!!

I don't think you believed me when I said the water will come and go and the surface will remain unchanged after being submerged.

It's a really hard concept to comprehend until you witness it firsthand. The in coming/returning water shot is brilliant.

Make sure you wash/rinse all your gear really well as the salt will continue to wick in moisture forever.

Double check all the zips on overalls/boots kites, kite bags and armour and give it a coat of silicon spray to keep it free.

The lake is 24 times saltier than the sea.

Wow!  That's awesome John.  The whole place looks like another planet to me and the shot of the water flowing back in was crazy.  Nice work and thanks for sharing the experience.

Edited by ssayre

There is 550 square kilometres of that perfect salt when the lake dries up. :eek:

Just trying to make everyone envious enough to come and give it a try next year. I usually end up there at least twice a year.

It was a pleasure to meet and buggy with you John.

Thanks for getting the word out to our members.

Our lake is one hell of a play ground!!!!!:good:

Cheers for making the trip too Mark.:drinks:

We could tell which buggy was Mark, he had his pegs on backwards! 

Sorry Mark, I couldn't resist. 

John, you should be a professional photographer! Awesome shots of the triplet forming vortexes. WA looks like a promising place to storm chase!

We'll try for next year if it's the same time in September or even early October. 

John, you should be a professional photographer!

Sounds good, Mez.  You pay, I'll photograph! :grin:  

Cheers - although the scenery made it pretty easy.  As does a digital camera.  I had over 600 shots on the SLR and another 400 aerial photos from the gopro.  The odds are pretty good that the occasional one will turn out alright!

Cheers - although the scenery made it pretty easy.  As does a digital camera.  I had over 600 shots on the SLR and another 400 aerial photos from the gopro.  The odds are pretty good that the occasional one will turn out alright!

Your very modest John. Lots of outstanding pics there.:good:

If you can get to Port Macquarie in August next year, you can photograph our wedding ;)

Your very modest John. Lots of outstanding pics there.:good:

Totally agree with you Chook!

A bit of a blockage when George got off the causeway to let a yacht sail past and he disappeared into the mud. I had 12 tons of pressure on the front of him and I couldn't hold my Nissan with it switched off in low range 4 wheel drive and hand brake on. I was pulling forward, so got Scotty with his Prado hooked onto the back of me to hold me firm. There was another GU patrol on a snatch strap holding George upright from the back as well. The guys hanging on the side were rocking it to get some traction on the front wheel as he didn't have locker diffs. In the first photo you can see the smoke coming off his front wheel when they got it to touch down.

12162799_10203488376370299_2103035117_o.

12162780_10203488378890362_164689363_o.t

12116169_10203488379170369_1869403026_o.

12124580_10203488367810085_1624204654_o.

12124605_10203488376450301_489360028_o.t

In the 4th photo down, you can see the LH front wheel was off the ground of Georges ute as the rear wheel was completely under the ground.

Ah I was trying to do the same thing and it wouldn't embed and it suddenly appeared. Maybe our edits overlapped.

Still can't get the emotions to work though. Box comes up and circles to upload and nothing else. Cleared cache as Joel said to. Can live without it.

The Esperance boys shot up to Lake Lefroy for a day trip today and had a ball. Pretty light conditions 10 gusting to 12 knots but the lake was in superb condition. Bit of light drizzle just enough to make you damp and the lake a bit slippery.

I managed to get to 90.7 kmh with the 7mtr R1 / Sysmic S2 and covered 169.1kms.  P1050621.JPG

Kym was up into the 60's with his Bat wing and his 7 year old son did 26 kmh on his sailboard.

P1050614.JPG

P1050615.JPG

Greg got to test his carbon "Pink Lake Maxi" landyacht.

P1050626.JPG

I cant believe how large the hole is of the new open cut mine. It wasn't there last September.:eek:

7 hours of travel (thanks Kym for the lift) for the round trip, for just a few hours of salty perfection. 

Great to catch up with the world record holder Bryan and his Blokart. Also John and Orion.