windance

U turn kites

U-Turn kites have been around for years, the question is does their kite division still exist?  To my knowledge they haven't released a new race kite in at least 6 or more years.

The Helium II and Oxygen III are available for order in their online store.   The Nitro Evo 2 isn't listed.... not sure if that means it's a special order item or someone is in the shed out back working on a new iteration of the Evo. 

ATB,
Sam

When did the Nitro Evo2 last get updated?
Also seeing as you seem to know a bit about U-Turn kites, where does the Butane fit in the series?

A good comparison would probably be.....

Ozone Yakuza  <-> Nitro Evo2

Ozone Method <-> Butane

Based on their race kites, but dialed back the twitchiness of a full-on race kite. 

ATB,

Sam

Thanks Sam, perfect explanation.  I just never understood where the Butane sat in the range, and I've seen a few come up.  I guess if I see a Nitro Evo2 I may pick one up just out of sheer curiosity, similar to my years old interest in the Gin Tonkawa.

2 hours ago, the_hatman said:

OK old thread any one know any thing about the Nitro pre evo 2? Just got a 3.9 & 6.1 in black & gold.

Good to see that you are still kicking. I'm interested in seeing them fly. Might be better than those killer speed wings!! Have to catch up 

Hey @the_hatman race kites like to bite, so be careful.

If your not used to flying them; they like to be powered up, don't like gusty wind, and deliver power at a rapid pace, much faster than a lower aspect wing.

If you want to bring them down to the next flash mob fly we can give then an airing and get them sorted if you have the lines and handles done.

How will the folding buggy handle the race kites??  Should be fine, it's usually the pilot who gets ejected at 40kph that ends up needing the repair shop services. 

@nigel will do if I can, made up one set of line with handles & can always nick the lines of my Sky tiger Hi 40. And yes I can see it may be a bit twitchy, had the 6.1 rolled out, it locks nearly as long as my 12m peel but anorexic.