.Joel

GT-Race Buggies

The Kenda's have arrived in Melbourne today....so you may expect to collect them any day now and then ROCK--ON!!

btw... I would set up the rear axle a little lower, the neatral stand is the second hole from the top...start from there ;-)

Btw...delighted I found that one customer (or rather he found me) who's even further from GT-Race headquarters that south-east Australia.

Alomost figured it wouldn't be possible....... but it is :-)

6 GT-race buggies in Australia !

Mr Faber is slowly depleting the north's supply of fine stainless, It is all ending up down under. 

I hope the south-australian brothers fly safe and have an amazing time. have you managed to get out for a fly ?

When would we see a full meet up ? probably speed week or Kingston I would guess ?

also, @GT-Race, would you know a supplier, or the numbers I should search for Wheel bearing for landsegler rims, mine are seized like crazy from lack of buggy time.

have fun Andy and Jase.

@igeighty the bearing number should be moulded into the rubber seal on the bearing. Probably 630* number.

what it is I suggest you invest in some stainless bearings and pack them with marine grease before fitting.

edit: this is a 6301 bearing ordered for my f-Lynn buggy. You can see the number on the seal...

IMG_7467.thumb.JPG.3800979b4f5062c1a540affb1fe65a84.JPG

thanks for the info on the bearings guys, I am yet to try and remove them from the hubs.

thans for the Popeye link stinka

I will definitely look at stainless ones Andy, cheers.

🤔🤔 looks like it going to be some serious dune time coming now the beachracers have arrived.

Show you what real dunes look like. The ones the other day were babies, only 100m above sea level and we still doing 35-40 km/h going up. Wait till ya see the next lot of footage on the new buggies. 😉👍

Going to suss out some new spots as well. Then we can organise a meet over here in Port Lincoln. 

Steady up bro I'm thinking let's get them out there first before talking it up as the old saying goes all the bullshit stops at first launch I'm super excited at the forecast for this week end and can assure you my expectations out perform my abilities 

1 hour ago, Grants said:

Steady up bro I'm thinking let's get them out there first before talking it up as the old saying goes all the bullshit stops at first launch I'm super excited at the forecast for this week end and can assure you my expectations out perform my abilities 

What could possibly go wrong ..... hahahhahahahahaha :)

Seriously I don't want that you would be to scared to fart 

On 04/07/2017 at 1:25 PM, igeighty said:

6 GT-race buggies in Australia !

Mr Faber is slowly depleting the north's supply of fine stainless, It is all ending up down under. 

I hope the south-australian brothers fly safe and have an amazing time. have you managed to get out for a fly ?

When would we see a full meet up ? probably speed week or Kingston I would guess ?

also, @GT-Race, would you know a supplier, or the numbers I should search for Wheel bearing for landsegler rims, mine are seized like crazy from lack of buggy time.

have fun Andy and Jase.

I suspect weather permitting we will be at Kingston next year we have spoke about leaving our flexifoils over in Melb so we can fly in and buggy looks like the flexis will be heading to NZ  moose due to weight but will be keen to get to as many as possible Jase is keen to get you guys over for session or a few days as we now have 5  buggys between us and access to 5 more in port Lincoln bring your kites and let's tear it up

I have questions about the fork with the flush bolt.  It is a beautifully slick looking design.  

What diameter is the bolt?  Is the top fork crown plate 6mm (1/4" thick)? Is there a smaller diameter washer or cut disk below it that is welded from below?  How thick is this lower washer.  Do the bearings have reducers?  Are there other features that I am missing?

Hi Eric.

here is a picture of the bearing setup from GT-Race website. This is the how it is on my buggy.

par_03.png.291b7e18659ca1a9c42b04b6fc6dc73e.png

There are indeed spacers in the bearings. the plate of the headstock is 5mm (might be 6mm, measured without glasses and a steel ruler) :)

IMG_0126.thumb.jpg.4b713903610ca90335a614cbe9d50abe.jpg

on the underside there is a flange piece.

IMG_0127.thumb.jpg.a8b0f6dc5013838d1d61780f154ba2a0.jpg

hope I'm not giving away trade secrets :) I reckon It is the GT logo that makes us go so fast.