• Nigel
    • Joel
    • Dukey
    • Chook
    • Doug
    • Clive
    • Cris Italy
    • Jason
    • Someone else? - tell us in the comments.

Yeh Andy666 it was 81.3kmh on the 3.8 Vapor before I bought it/begged it, off you.:grin: Wasn't much increase so didn't bother logging it.

P1020033_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.af736c1e45

Jabs is up there too.:good:

55.17Mph,, 88.80Kmh,, jabroni,,  Austrailia,, Beach

Alright, here's my thoughts.

From the top.

Rob: He can kite nearly every day, so he stands to have a day when all the pieces come together for a magic run.

Nigel: Me, we'll I've got some little people to contend with for the next year or two, so I can only get out to the odd Sandy Point run.

And I still can't believe my record has stood for so long.

Joel: He now has the buggy and the kites, and the mass to hold them down. And a Nigel free dry lake at Kingston to tear up.

Dukey: A bit hampered by kites and buggy, but he'll always be ready to give it a run.

Chook: Well I've given him my vote. He's got the kites, he's got a custom designed speed buggy, a nice dry lake waiting, just needs some good wind, 25-30 knots is all it will take (you've got till November Chooky).

Doug: Haven't seen Doug buggy, but he's now getting the GT, so he could be a dark horse.

Clive: I think the big beach racers are going to hold him back, and the urge to go out in strong winds.

Chris Italy: He's gone fast, no problems out there in crazy winds, so suspect it will be the buggy holding him back a little.

Jason: Another dark horse, wouldn't count him out of the mix. He'll pinch any loose buggy going.

A dry lake provides much better options to go fast, so the top speeds will be coming from here in the few position changes that are going to happen, soon?

Given the interest and the new buggies and kites to drive it on I think it will happen sometime in the 12 months after the buggies arrive.

It will just be a matter of how keen someone is, currently here in Victoria, we wait for every second weekend, then is the wind in the right direction, does anyone else want to go etc. for example tommorow tide at 7 am ish wind in right direction, could be a little damp, 30 plus knots predicted....... There's an opportunity, it will be faster past the dunes, just depends on how keen you are, working for yourself will help as you can arrange your life a little more.

Nigel has pretty much got me sorted, I do like the beach racers, gives me ALL of the beach, and it does get a little soft at the end of the point. I can go out in 24 or so knots reasonably happy, but I haven't really gone out in more than that, I'd like to build up over a period of time, and quite possibly buy yet another kite that has a little more gust munching capability for the faster winds. Joel has offered to let me have a try of his wheels.... So I'd be keen to see the difference, I don't think I'd fit into any of the GT racers coming, Joel's will be too roomy, Nigel's a tad shorter than me and I think Doug's as skinny as a rake. I'm in the goldilocks zone :Chook:

Records for the regularly posting forum members updated

Gannet 108.   NZ

Perrin 101.      NZ

Nigel 98.5 

Joel 97 ish ( update please) 

Jason 96.5

Crisitaly 94.6

Rob  89.8

Jabroni 88.8

DJ_sylk 83.0

Chook 81.3

Plummet 81.0

BGKD 78.4

Slarti 74.0

Wolfie 74.0

Jdhot 72.1

Johnholgate 71.3

Clive 70.8

Sluggo 69.36

Igeighty 67.5

Spartan 66.5

Andy666 63.8

Gumnuts 62.7

Obewan 60.5

Goz 58.0

Edited by Clive
More additions

I,v had 55mph(88kph)  on a beach in Scotland using my PL folding with flexifoil spoke wheels and a stack of 3 bombuses, that was using the speedo of a persecute car which was prod in accurate and may have been going faster than me, it would be nice to see how fast I can go.

If I nick some ones kite and buggy

Edited by the_hatman
I can

Thanks @clive and @igeighty , see you two are closes, am trying to get down(even using my flippers to get down). Clive I was 5' 6" but after 3 crushed vertebra then 1 recrushed I gave up as I know now I'm slightly taller than my eyes and shorter than the top of my hat

Edited by the_hatman
lying Bastard hat man I was never 6 6(it's a wise man that knows his own farther)

Thanks @clive and @igeighty , see you two are closes, am trying to get down(even using my flippers to get down). Clive I was 5' 6" but after 3 crushed vertebra then 1 recrushed I gave up as I know now I'm slightly taller than my eyes and shorter than the top of my hat

sounds as though you have had a battering, is the body still up to kiting in a buggy? 

no prob in buggy it's when I come out suddenly. didn't start kiting till after that(back prob). it was the motor bike v land cruse ute  that put me out of action for a few years :blackeye:

Edited by the_hatman
Dyslexia strikes again and clarification

Records for the regularly posting forum members updated

Gannet 108.   NZ

Perrin 101.      NZ

Nigel 98.5 

Jason 96.5

Crisitaly 94.6

Rob  89.8

Jabroni 88.8

DJ_sylk 83.0

Chook 81.3

Plummet 81.0

BGKD 78.4

Slarti 74.0

Wolfie 74.0

Jdhot 72.1

Johnholgate 71.3

Clive 70.8

Sluggo 69.36

Igeighty 67.5

Spartan 66.5

Obewan 60.5

Gumnuts 59.8

Goz 58.0

I'm faster now! Last official PB 62.7! - OK so not that much faster:blush2: But I reckon this year I'll get quicker!

And my money is on Rob!

Records for the regularly posting forum members updated again 

Gannet 108.   NZ

Perrin 101.      NZ

Nigel 98.5 

Jason 96.5

Crisitaly 94.6

Rob  89.8

Jabroni 88.8

DJ_sylk 83.0

Chook 81.3

Plummet 81.0

BGKD 78.4

Slarti 74.0

Wolfie 74.0

Jdhot 72.1

Johnholgate 71.3

Clive 70.8

Sluggo 69.36

Igeighty 67.5

Spartan 66.5

Andy666 63.8

Gumnuts 62.7

Obewan 60.5

Goz 58.0

Hell guys, we were topping over 100kph 20 years ago with PL Ngen's and original PL comp buggies and no seat belts.

this ain't rocket science....     You just need the balls to go hard or go home 😳

dont let your gear convince you it can't be done, it's all up to Mother Nature to provide the motivational force 😀

You just need the balls to go hard or go home 😳

dont let your gear convince you it can't be done, it's all up to Mother Nature to provide the motivational force 😀

so there is hope for me yet!

Not sure about those flying the NPW's😉

Edited by gum-nuts

Also a dry lake where it's flat for miles in any direction does help.

we were using lake Gairdner 😉

remember that salt lake they used for those Ford ADs a few years back, oh and the dry lake racers use it every year too,

not to mention Donald Campbell.......

Crank the kite into the sweet spot, glance down at your speedo, and fine tune your tack for max speed.....

AHH the memories

Also a dry lake where it's flat for miles in any direction does help.

ok, I'm definitely in with a chance! I wonder if I can convince them to get me a new GPS for Father's Day...

and an R1...

maybe a GT Rapide...

and some bigger balls!

Edited by gum-nuts

I vote the Hatman. If he can do 55mph in a PL folding buggy then that settles it. He's obviously crazy and crazy usually gets the job done.

Thank red just about to pick up my rebuilt flexi wheels that will lower rolling resistant, now just knead to reduce drag, some one had a green suit?

yep but it will probably lock a bit wrinkled on me. may have to go the_batman but with out the cape.

Just got the spoked wheels back 2 trued up 1 new rim 3 new tires 35-50psi so I'll not put more than 60 or 70 in them. The buggy looks weared (can't find right spelling)  with skinny wheels on that aren't pink! any one now of a paint that will go on chrome?