PiratePete

Home Build of a real Franken Buggy

the seat and the wheels/tyres being off balance are the two issues i need to work on first.

i will remove the wheels and get them balanced at the local tire shop and i need a new seat badly!, this seat is way too hard, no give at all.  my back is sore after yesterday's 8km test. and the position is not comfortable at all.

i used a ratchet tie-down to have the seat adjustable, and i tried a few positions, the problem is in the final bend in the side rails, the rails finish with too much downward slope which keeps the seat front or leg position quite high. a re-bend is really needed, or i can use an internal sleeve and cut and twist the rails then re weld them. that might be the best option.

have a look at the side rails, the final bend before they join together. this is not the final seat height! or it would be a grader

DSC_0411_(2)a.thumb.jpg.6e721589ac1b45fa

Take 2.....

can i turn these bits into a kite buggy?

DSC_0415a.thumb.jpg.d04ef54da7d5ecef2dc6

leaving the bent pipe slightly longer to give me room to move and resize the buggy as needed. the join the side rails will have an internal sleeve to give strength, as i dont want the side rails snapping at the weld.

DSC_0417a.thumb.jpg.a7a5003d85f8d10e5d27

and it should turn out something like this

DSC_0419a.thumb.jpg.fa13249fe94f942c6222

stay tuned, i hope to give it a test run on sunday!!!!! if my ass will fit in the seat.

:peter:

wind is up, so is the tide! i'll have to wait till after lunch for the tide to drop. but the buggy is ready for test run number 3.

a bit raw at present, i dont know if i'll need to adjust the frame so i have not painted yet.

DSC_0422b.thumb.jpg.406fde086ef81f5c0838

DSC_0423b.thumb.jpg.5dd8053a76915d14b85d

and it fits nicely in the back of the ute too.

DSC_0427b.thumb.jpg.19e34946aac6e2cf6231

i'll just have to keep the grass mowed!!!

ready to go.....