andy666

Pansh 50% off

hi john, what does the ace 2 fly like ? cheap to pickup a few at 50% off, are they the race kite ? or is that the sprint.

(i still haven't flown the orange 5m sprint) i should head to the park now

or there is this thing, 8m H8, looks racey ;)

565ab88a92742_ScreenShot2015-11-29at7.33

@.Joel knows the characteristics better than I.  I believe the Ace 2 is aimed at speed and by the looks, the H8 is a high aspect kite also aimed at racing ?  My brief fly of the Ace II indicated was more for performance in smooth wind rather than tootling around in my paddocks at home.  The Ace II certainly didn't feel the same quality as say, the Century II, but considering the price difference, it's pretty good value.  I'll have the Ace II down at Sandy if you can make it there.  

@igeighty Ace2 can be flown in a park happily, but if it's gusty you're really going to feel it as the moment it pressures up it pulls!  Out of all their kites so far I've really enjoyed the Ace and even more-so after flying it again the Ace II.
As far as i'm concerned the Sprints are lemons, I've owned two and do not like them.  If I still owned one I'd probably use the cloth to make sand bags out of.
The H8, not sure.

Why don't you buy something like a Genesis 8.0m or Aurora 8.0m, you can fly them with the bar off your MrKitesurf kite.

I had the 4m P5V Flux here in Esperance in 2010 when I was still learning to buggy. Here is my review of it then.

---------------------------------------------------------

Out today in great, 21 knot winds and what a little princess. Very well manered and gets along with great speed. Loves to be wound hard round on a wing tip while sining. I only used a 3km section of beach to run on at Wylie Bay and had a fat time. This would be a great kite to learn on as it just sits there till you want to play. Had the kite lines singing on the slightly down wind runs. With vertical figure S's it pulls up wind really well too. Very similar to my 3.8mtr PL Reactor 1, (which I landed and put the Flux onto the same lines and short handles). If you closed your eyes you wouldn't have know the kites had been changed. (Pretty impressive for a low cost kite.)

Open your eyes and your retinas are destroyed by the gordy iridescent colours of the Flux. (This was a first production run and was lime green and fluro pink.)

For the money I was well impressed and now they have changed to a nicer fabric, it would be well worth a try.  

---------------------------------------------------------

I have now flown 2 sizes of the Sprint range. They need some bridal adjustments and have some potential, but nowhere near the manners or upwind performance of a Vapor.

Actually with all the guys I've buggied with on the East coast, I've yet to see anything that goes upwind like a Vapor.  

If your after a 4 mtr Flux 123mat, I'll sell you a like new (crisp only flown 4 times) 4.4 Peter Lynn Reactor 2, kite only for $200.00 + postage.

Their 50% off sale is still on, but not on all kites like last year. They seem to have removed the Aurora entirely, but I don't see anything about the Aurora II.

The Blaze III is what they're pushing out at the moment, and it's pretty good value at around $200 AUD.

The A15me (what is 'me'?) is 50% off as well. Score one for around $500 AUD delivered!