agriarte

My Pansh Aurora 15 is here

Today, I have received my order and duty-free! I still have not been able to go to the beach to try. Delivery time has been a bit bigger because a failure of the spanish postal company, they sent my package to another city by mistake. Today I only had time to open the package.

Maybe tomorrow I will can expand information

DSC03931.JPG

DSC03930.JPG

This afternoon I went to the beach. The wind was very slow, only 6 knots but the kite was flying very well. I started to mount the kite without instructions and did two big fails with the lines. The wind up to 12knots. When I wanted to land the kite I was not able. First I tried pulling left and right back lines towards me but when the kite was in land easily go up. After, I used the quick release with the surprise that the bar only two meters runs and stop. Luckily, I got help.

The 5line is very lenght because there is a extension in the kite. The next time I have to remove it

DSC03934.JPG

DSC03937.JPG

DSC03933.JPG

DSC03932.JPG

yes @.Joel totally agree. My question is about if I must connect the leash like the photo. I never seen a leash between the 5th line ring and the join between left and right back lines.

When I flew the kite I mounted the leash between the harness and the 5th line ring exactly like my known kites

Sorry for my Mars english

Now I understand :) You can use that strap to land the kite by grabbing it with your hand and pulling on it.  The kite will back stall, fall backwards in the window and land if you pull it far enough.  Don't connect your leash to the landing strap, it'll just create issues when you spin the bar as it will twist around everything.  Your leash should be connected to the 5th line safety so in the event something goes wrong that will kill the power in the kite by allowing it to fold in half.  

Also you seem to have a lot of slack on that 5th line in the larger photos above, adjust it so that it's not tight (not holding any tension) but not so slack that it's wrapping around other lines.

Thanks Joel. The russian confused me with his video.

I got slack on 5th line because the aurora have a litle 2m line extension. Next time I will remove it. I don't know what utility extension has.

Well, I have modified the 5th line conexion like in this image:

DSC03945.thumb.JPG.78529c961ea6cf696b714

The last day I flew the kite with the 5th line installed incorrectly and and it doesn't work. Fortunately the wind was only 10knots. I don't want to imagine 18knots  and problems with the 5thline. I mounted the 5th like next image because I saw it in a video.

DSC03943.thumb.JPG.842956f56c165f02b6f56

I have 2 questions about the bar set up. 

1.- What use is this?

DSC03944.thumb.jpg.92c4b1df6e8360071daeb

2- In the chicken loop one ring is for the 5th. What can I do with the other ring?

DSC03942.thumb.JPG.9b91d2af518a90bbc1b9b

Answer 1: that is the landing strap. It is there so that you can easily pull and hold both rear lines with 1 hand to stall the kite and land it on its trailing edge. The small loop in the middle is to put a ground stake through so it holds both rear lines equally and doesn't slide to one side, which would allow the kite to half launch and flip over. DO NOT attach your safety leash to this strap.

answer 2: not sure. Where did the extra grey line come from and where is it attached to?

you should have both front lines attached  to the ring at the top of the main depower line. You should then have one safety line that runs from the centre (5th line) bridles on the kite down through the bar and through the centre of the chicken loop. This is the line you attach you safety leash to.

also, don't attach your safety leash to the spreader bar with the chicken loop, you can accidentally release both at once and loose the kite. Attach the safety leash to the side of your harness. 

5 hours ago, agriarte said:

Well, I have modified the 5th line conexion like in this image:

Don't modify, just set it up as it's intended to be used until you're familiar with the default setup.
What is that grey line for that you have going in the chicken loop now?

2 hours ago, .Joel said:

I was going to ask the same.

if it is one of the front lines then I guess your trying to get it to flag out to a single front line which i don't think the a15 is designed to do.

Just now, jaysmith said:

I was going to ask the same.

if it is one of the front lines then I guess your trying to get it to flag out to a single front line which i don't think the a15 is designed to do.

It's an Aurora.... really wish they called the A15 something else as it's going to be a point of confusion for many.

yes, my mistake. In my last post it should read Aurora instead of a15.

@agriarte send us a photo of how the frontlines are connected to the trim line (the rope that goes up and back from the cleat).

5 hours ago, andy666 said:

Answer 1: that is the landing strap. It is there so that you can easily pull and hold both rear lines with 1 hand to stall the kite and land it on its trailing edge. The small loop in the middle is to put a ground stake through so it holds both rear lines equally and doesn't slide to one side, which would allow the kite to half launch and flip over. DO NOT attach your safety leash to this strap.

ok thanks, this topic is clear.

5 hours ago, andy666 said:

answer 2: not sure. Where did the extra grey line come from and where is it attached to?

you should have both front lines attached  to the ring at the top of the main depower line. You should then have one safety line that runs from the centre (5th line) bridles on the kite down through the bar and through the centre of the chicken loop. This is the line you attach you safety leash to.

Maybe you want to say the extra red line. 

The grey is the tipical depower line conected to the front lines
The red seems a second depower line with no power control and too conected to the front lines. Now I can't take new picture. You can see a picture of the kite flying in this trhead. The size is vere little. Maybe this help you to see where the red and grey lines are conected

5 hours ago, .Joel said:

Don't modify, just set it up as it's intended to be used until you're familiar with the default setup.

I don't want to see customize. I think that the 5thline was into the metal holes of the depower when I opened the package. I think that is easy the 5th stop hook and stop for this reason.

This afternoon I will do new photos

59 minutes ago, agriarte said:

The red seems a second depower line with no power control and too conected to the front lines.

Frontline 1, connects to Grey centre pigtail.
Frontline 2, connects to Red centre pigtail.
Centre Safety Line (5th Line), connects to Red Safety line.  Your leash attaches to the metal ring on the end of this safety line at the chicken loop.

yes Joel, Frontline1 and 2 are conected to the central lines grey and red.

The other grey line is connected to the 5th line on one end and the leash attaches the metal ring on the other end. If the chicken loop is open the bar can up without problems. Still I haven't test in fly. Only doing simulation.

Is this that you can to tell  to one silly like me?

foto2.jpg.50d286429f57c41ef15a1914d2ca27

@agriarte your setup is completely wrong, you have modified it from how it originally came in the package.  We need to see the whole picture as you keep posting small parts of the setup.  Take a single photo that starts from the chicken loop and finishes where all your flying lines connect to your bar. :good: