Chook

Easter at Yeppoon QLD 2016

20 hours ago, .Joel said:

@Bernie if you're running midis drop the extender plates off the front.  The buggy will sit lower, the steering will be lighter and overall more responsive.  I spotted the front wheel in this photo next to Rob.

Those MidiXL's on 8"x8" look awsome @roblukin

Thanks Joel - was talking about doing this today. King of glad though that I had the extra clearance yesterday when I hit a ditch full of water and somehow made it through - Chook was silly enough to follow my wheel tracks :) Will make the change this weekend...

No problem Goz as it's the right direction. Anything above 2 knots is a "Vapor day".:Chook:

It was only around 7-8 knots this arvo but directly onshore and Rob and I did 2 runs to the point and back. He was on my 12.5 Montana 5 and I had a 9.4 Vapor and we both had fun. I managed to get to 54.9 kmh down past Bangalee to the creek where the beach is like concrete. Rob was into the 50's as well.

We spent a bit of time adjusting his hotwire balance as the Midi XL's on 8" rims have a very flat tread surface across the tyre and were holding the rear better, which ment he was loosing the front much more. By shifting his hotwire back towards the rear 20mm his tyre tracks looked much better afterwards. Might go more rearwards tomorrow as we didn't have any dyneema with us to move it any more while at the point.

A very low 2.95mtr high tide tomorrow, means we have at least half the beach when there is a high tide so we will buggy for the whole day.:good: 

Gopro's are running so stand by to be bored shitless.:agree:

7 hours ago, Chook said:

Anything above 2 knots is a "Vapor day"

Only if the day before said Vapor's aren't left lying on the beach for the tide to claim ;)

Yeh a bit of a seniors moment there.:blush2::blush: Got drowned in a high speed encounter with a washout and headed up soon as I hit Driftwood apartments to get a shower and remove a ton of sand. I forgot about my big $4 striped bag containing my 3 small kites that I left by the stack of all our gear. Of course I wasnt there to collect them.

(Actually I hadnt given them a second thought.)

The boys did the righty and hid them from me. It wasn't till Andy and I went to get some loctite from his ute the next day I spotted them and remembered.

Good to have "nice"?????? people around.

Bit weary today as we have buggied every day since arriving. :itwasme:

When an F-arc 1600 isn't big enough, try stacking it with a 1200 :crazypilot:

It was only about 5 knots when I launched and could only just hold my ground in the buggy once the apparent wind kicked in.

Then it picked up a few knots. Chook was over powered on his 13m Vapor, so with 28m of cloth in the air I was just skipping towards the dunes :eek:

f-arc 01.jpg

f-arc 02.jpg

f-arc 03.jpg

f-arc 04.jpg

f-arc 05.jpg

4 minutes ago, andy666 said:

When an F-arc 1600 isn't big enough, try stacking it with a 1200 :crazypilot:

It was only about 5 knots when I launched and could only just hold my ground in the buggy once the apparent wind kicked in.

Then it picked up a few knots. Chook was over powered on his 13m Vapor, so with 28m of cloth in the air I was just skipping towards the dunes :eek:

Double Fark!

I reckon you you should try a triple FArc stack next Andy :D should just about be able to paraglide off the top of the big dune with a triple FArc Stack

Sorry I missed that sight by a little bit yesterday afternoon.

54 minutes ago, Goz said:

I reckon you you should try a triple FArc stack next Andy :D should just about be able to paraglide off the top of the big dune with a triple FArc Stack

Sorry I missed that sight by a little bit yesterday afternoon.

I just need some more line extensions and I would.

Normally when I buggy I don't even take a gps with me. Because I'm not chasing high speeds or big distances. But last night Chook was stoked that he had cracked 200km for the day, so I said that I would match it today. How hard could it be?....

BLOODY HARD!

It took over 6 hrs, I'm exhausted and I have bruised hips from the harness. But today I did 206km :D 

Well the kite festival last weekend was a great time to fly with Goz and Andy in great winds for a change. Kaos had the sky full of colour and his wife Linda had her feather banners all down the street. They are outstanding pieces of artwork in both hemisferes. Well done guys.

We have had pretty fair winds and it has cheered Rob up as he gets down in the dumps with anything lighter than 12 knots.

Yesterday was a nice directly onshore wind and we all had a ball.

It started out at around 19 -21  knots and stayed around it just building slightly just before dark.

I managed to get a new PB with @gum-nuts 7 mtr, Ozone R1 he sold me. 89.3kmh and had 5 runs over 85 kmh it's INSANE with awesome depower.

It has a ton of power and has very light 2 finger pressure control even when fully powered up. A very polite kite. Thanks Mark.:good:

Here is a video of my run and have a giggle at the end.

Here is a shot of my GPS's

021.jpg

Im doing some Kms this year. I did 7 runs to the point on Saturday with a 9.4 Vapor and covered 221 kms for the day.

Had 3 days that I have covered over 200kms on each occasion . The beach is just PERFECT.:Chook:

Today Andy and Rob Lukin had a run on my R1 and I cant wipe the smile of their faces. Andy got his personal best in the first 1000mtrs of beach.

@Chook Looks and sounds like you were fairly well moving there. :crazypilot:

I bet after 1.5 hours of untangling you remember to take a leash with you next time :D

Ended up taking a vote on coming down yesterday, heart and mind said go, but the body had the final word and said NOOO!!! needed a day of rest, between work and Yeppoon and Emu Park and a fair bit of sun exposure over the last 2 weeks it was time for some recuperation. :lazy2:

2 minutes ago, Goz said:

@Chook Looks and sounds like you were fairly well moving there. :crazypilot:

I bet after 1.5 hours of untangling you remember to take a leash with you next time :D

Yeh it was fun at that speed.

Had 4 blokarts that we could easilly out run today. Rob and I could do two runs to Bangalee and return to their 1. 

I have only seen open cell depowers and didn't know what the leash was for and left it in Esperance in it's bag (to save weight on the aircraft):blush::blush2:

Rob lent me one today and the kite flags out beautifully in 20 odd knots when activated.

wow @Chook that is a stellar effort. is that rob's watch next to yours ? he will have the grumps :)

next year we will join you all up there. i hope you have a good extra couple of weeks.

what do you like better the vapor or the R1 ?

good job.

edit, ahh thats your suunto... and 1000+ klm's  same distance as melbourne to kingston and back !

what was your top score @roblukin ?