socommk233

Pansh Aurora2

Chalk and cheese indeed. Infinity 3 bar @ $699 vs Pansh depower bar @ $188
Not to overstate the obvious but you're looking at completely different target markets. If you can afford a kite built to paraglider standards that's awesome. There's a lot of other folks out there that can't justify the expense. To continue your analogy, you can still travel from A to B in a Great Wall and enjoy the experience - lots of people do. Just my opinion but it's probably a good idea not to take the manufacturer's rep's statements on emissions figures, etc. as gospel. Who knows, they may just let their vested interest colour their judgement :dontknow:

9 hours ago, Jason said:

And the Amarok is more expensive than a Great Wall. Still wouldn't buy a great wall.

Last trip to NZ I noticed a lot of them around and asked one of the guys about it . . . Apparently they're so cheap, when something breaks, they just give you a whole new car :o

I wouldn't want to be miles away out in the country in knee deep mud and have to rely on a Great Wall . . .

20 hours ago, Jason said:

And the Amarok is more expensive than a Great Wall. Still wouldn't buy a great wall.

So you don't like them. That's your call.  Personally I have just bought a f one diablo.  Excellent kite for my racing.  But I'd still buy and fly pansh for the value they offer. 

23 hours ago, Mfwetu said:

Not to overstate the obvious but you're looking at completely different target markets. If you can afford a kite built to paraglider standards that's awesome. There's a lot of other folks out there that can't justify the expense. To continue your analogy, you can still travel from A to B in a Great Wall and enjoy the experience - lots of people do. Just my opinion but it's probably a good idea not to take the manufacturer's rep's statements on emissions figures, etc. as gospel. Who knows, they may just let their vested interest colour their judgement :dontknow:

Well I'm sure some people think they cant justify the expense but a couple of hundred dollars is much cheaper than a trip to the ER, months of rehab and all the time off work due to injury. Personally I would rather use a bar I can trust. 

Emission output fro a car is only one aspect of it's overall footprint. Think of the emissions to produce the car and the total life of the car. Obviously if something lasts twice as long it will have a smaller footprint.

On 18 June 2016 at 7:15 PM, Mfwetu said:

Unlike some retailers that DO have vested interests in promoting their wares and business connections, I actually agree with you 100%. Yeah man, anyone of us would like the latest Speed 5 but for the price of a 2nd hand car, it's a lot. And who knows, maybe we're been duped like the recent scandal surrounding retail prices of mattresses vs how much they really cost, ay?

And quality vs price... yeah hmmm... to some extent. Experienced kiters know their stuff, and just like cyclists prefer gator skins vs cheap bontrager, but I know one guy that has ridden his bontrager tyres for over 8000km without a single puncture. I don't believe the hype too much because years ago they said the same thing they are saying now... "... never berfore has a kite maker made the best ... blahblahblah"

On 17 June 2016 at 4:04 PM, socommk233 said:

The fly surfer is much more expensive and slower too. 

I've flown the Aurora and A15, the Speed5 is literally leap-years ahead in speed, range and refinement.  I have no doubt the Aurora2 is a nice kite and they've made some progress refining it, however it would have to be a revolution vs evolution for it to be quicker than the Speed5.  However I'll reserve judgement until I've actually flown the Aurora2, as the A15 was an incredible surprise over what I was expecting ( http://www.extremekites.com.au/reviews/kites/pansh-a15-r33/ ) which anyone in Melbourne is welcome to come pickup and take for a fly.

On 18 June 2016 at 11:44 AM, Jason said:

If you're only planning on doing 10,000km/year then perhaps the Amarok is over-purchasing?

Pansh aren't the piss-poor, water-absorbing, dress material they used to be.  Well, they still use some dress material on their prototypes :rofl: but other than that they've come an incredibly long way in both design but quality of build.  Sure they're not the standard of a Flysurfer, but if you're only kiting 1 day a week I doubt you're going to reach the life expectancy of either a Pansh or a Flysurfer in three to five years.  Over the period of 10 year ownership, they'll probably cost you more in time maintaining them but less in money than a Flysurfer.   

To me the best value for Pansh is in their larger sizes, and if you're going to buy a 15M+ low wind kite you'll use infrequently compared to a 10M or 12M, then why wouldn't you make the 15M/21M a Pansh?  So again, if you're only doing 10,000km/year then perhaps buying a completely refined and top-built kite is over-purchasing?

1 hour ago, .Joel said:

So again, if you're only doing 10,000km/year then perhaps buying a completely refined and top-built kite is over-purchasing?

After flying the Pansh "Ace 2" in Kingston I wouldn't hesitate purchasing, if I didn't already have a kite in those sizes.

How are your Panshs going @Bernie??

I dot get it. 

If you don't like pansh. Why spend time bitching about them? At their price range and current quality it's not even false economy. 

No one us saying they are better than flysurfer or any other big brands. 

But they are an excellent entry point when budget us not as big as the others.

If you were into kite surfing and wanted to try a foil....why pay £1650 for an 11m fone diablo to find out you don't like it or don't have the kite skills. A lot less £ on a pansh foil is not a bad investment to gain experience and skill and understanding let alone having a useable kite in the quiver.