Mez

Blow @ Kingston SE 2017

G'day.

we will keep an eye out for you. The fishing comp is on from the blackford drain to 40 k past the granites.

there are small ruts in the beach near troups rd. but no seaweed to speak of. Wind says cross onshore for tomorrow so fingers crossed. 

We had a good run at the granites today with a fairly decent SSW. 

See ya then.

11 hours ago, CasualRural said:

Any plans for tomorrow morning at low tide? I think it's low around 10.30-11. I'll likely just head to the same spot...

Fishing comp should be clear of beach by mid morning so we're hoping for onshore winds and some long runs to the granites.  Most likely spot will be a km or so nth of Blackford drain.  If it's cross on from the south then we'll try up at the granites. 

Brilliant day yesterday.  It seemed to move a bit more onshore, zero tacking required on the Sonic-FR to go either side of the granites.  Ended up with Andy, Bull, Chook, Darren?, Doug, Dukey, Mike, Rob all getting a run in.  Finished off with a BBQ dinner and  a warm fire at Bull's.

Even managed to squeeze 72km/h out of Chook's 7M R1, after discovering just how easily it would lift the front end of my GT on takeoff ;) 

RednBlackMatuka the previous day flying a bit more mellow...
IMG_0244.JPG

12 minutes ago, .Joel said:

Brilliant day yesterday.  It seemed to move a bit more onshore, zero tacking required on the Sonic-FR to go either side of the granites.  Ended up with Andy, Bull, Chook, Darren?, Doug, Dukey, Mike, Rob all getting a run in.  Finished off with a BBQ dinner and  a warm fire at Bull's.

Even managed to squeeze 72km/h out of Chook's 7M R1, after discovering just how easily it would lift the front end of my GT on takeoff ;) 

RednBlackMatuka the previous day flying a bit more mellow...
IMG_0244.JPG

Great picture. Still love the simple elegance of a NASA star. Colors on that one really pop in that picture. 

home at 11.30pm on the 26th.

Just a note to say thanks to everyone at the event, and hope to see you all again next year or sooner.

Thanks @Chook for the babies, they will be nutured to a ripe old age. it was fantastic to meet Mrs Chook, I hope she will make it next year.

i have just started to look at pictures and videos, and will open up a dropbox somewhere soon.

@roblukin hope your shoulder gets better.

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 12.47.57 am.jpg

Still buzzing after our time in Kingston. Thanks everyone for your kindness while we were there. 

We have worked our way up the Murray river to Renmark and this morning checked out the SA/NSW/VIC boarders before heading off through the Flinders rangers past Mt Remarkable and walking into Aligator gorge and the Narrows. Really nice in there out of the 40 degree heat. Onto Wudinna tonight and we will check out the Gawler Ranges in the morning taking @jhn.holgate advice and checking out Pildappa Rock and Polda Dam before the heat of the day.

Plugging on westward/homeward tomorrow. 

12 hours ago, Chook said:

Still buzzing after our time in Kingston. Thanks everyone for your kindness while we were there. 

We have worked our way up the Murray river to Renmark and this morning checked out the SA/NSW/VIC boarders before heading off through the Flinders rangers past Mt Remarkable and walking into Aligator gorge and the Narrows. Really nice in there out of the 40 degree heat. Onto Wudinna tonight and we will check out the Gawler Ranges in the morning taking @jhn.holgate advice and checking out Pildappa Rock and Polda Dam before the heat of the day.

Safe travels and enjoy your trip together xxx

Ta Mez. 

Up early and checked out the Gawler ranges. It was 46.6 C along the highway and struck a weak sea breeze at the Head of the Bight that eased it back to the high 30's for a couple of hours.

Quite a lot of Roos, eagles, wild turkeys and emus on the road drinking from the puddles from the passing thunderstorm. It's still a hot and sticky 38 with a double rainbow here in Cocklebiddy as we have tea. 

46 degC jeeessss, over here (New Zealand, South Island) we think it's warm and compfy at 25 degC, beach temperature typically 15 degC and it is summer -- is it???? Thanks for keeping us posted of the Kingston trip, looking forward to the vidoes.

@.Joel did I remember rightly that you got your self a Diablo? How did it go?

I think I enjoy @jhn.holgate videos more than the actual trips we have away (I can watch without the sand in the eyes and month and not to mention.....ears!) They highlight the best of the days!

Had a blast at Kingston S.E this year. Looking forwards to the next meet!

"May the wind blow, so we can roll!" - Mez 2017

On 27/01/2017 at 10:13 PM, Chook said:

Safe journey home Mr and Mrs Chook. Lovely to see you again and already looking forward to your sense of humour and fun next year. All the best. 

Thanks guys.

Your video is fantastic @jhn.holgate !!!!:good:

Just arrived home and had a good run. We were down to 60 kmh a few times east of Norseman and just north of Salmon Gums due to extremely heavy rain squalls. Heading south the rain was travelling faster than us in the cells. All my gear is very well rinsed now. Cheers.