Northern Kites Australia

Help me with my Pansh Aurora 12m bridles

Hi guys,

Anyone here with a 12m PANSH Aurora? The one more recent before the A15 came out, and not the Aurora II

I don't know why but suddenly I am having problems flying this thing.

It just stalls and ends up doing a bow-tie every time I try and launch it.

The bar's lines are all even and properly adjusted. I've checked it twice

The bridles are the issue, but I am not sure how to check them for sure if there are no line plans.

So I am relying on someone's kindness and time to yeah... make a bridle line plan, based from a working Aurora.

When I launch the kite does not want to fill up with air (yes checked the zips are all closed and the deflate port).

The kite starts to rise and then suddenly it's like something grabs the leading edge and sends the kite into a spin.

I pull on one of the steering lines to try and stop it, but it just keeps going into a spin.

Sorry if I am not making sense.

The only thing I can think of doing is to lengthen the power lines which will throw my bar out of alignment with other kites I use it with, or extend the steering bridles on the Pansh.

Cheers

Hope it's something simple. I would check that there is not a snag in one side of the bridle .

I have been caught out with a tiny slip knot being formed in the bridal of my 3.8 Vapor after getting it out of the bag. It was invisible to me when I set it up checked it over to make sure they all were untangled properly . A kilometer or so down the lake at Kingston it just wasn't handling properly or pulling to the front of the window like it should.  @nigel pulled up in his buggy, ran the bridal through his fingers and found it straight away and rectified it for me and all was sweet again. 

On 05/07/2016 at 3:24 PM, Chook said:

Hope it's something simple. I would check that there is not a snag in one side of the bridle .

I have been caught out with a tiny slip knot being formed in the bridal of my 3.8 Vapor after getting it out of the bag. It was invisible to me when I set it up checked it over to make sure they all were untangled properly . A kilometer or so down the lake at Kingston it just wasn't handling properly or pulling to the front of the window like it should.  @nigel pulled up in his buggy, ran the bridal through his fingers and found it straight away and rectified it for me and all was sweet again. 

I did, but I will go through it again to be sure because like you said, it's almost impossible to spot

On 05/07/2016 at 3:42 PM, andy666 said:

Yep, check the bridle for knots or damage. If you can't see anything compare the left bridle to the right. I wouldn't be holding my breath on someone measuring you up a line plan. It's a rare kite with a shit load of bridles to measure. 

Oh well. It was worth asking. Once I get it going myself, I might just do that for next time and post the plan here. Maybe I should sell copies!! :P

When I checked the bridals on my R1 for stretch I screwed a bulldog clip to a 30mm x 6mm pine batten with a tape measure sticky taped along it.

Clip the single bridal on hard against the knot and lay it out along the tape gently to get the length. Didn't take long at all to run through the kite with it laying on a table so I didn't have to bend down.

That's a great idea chook.

I sorted it all out. Don't know what happened still, but it must have been a twisted bridle in there causing uneven tension elsewhere. I shook all the lines, ran my fingers on each section of lines for knots and everything was fine, or seemed ok. Next I simply launched and she flew perfectly! I don't know what happened. These things tend to get a life of their own