.Joel

POTUS Vote

POTUS Vote  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to be President of the United States?

• Donald Trump
    • Hilary Clinton

4 hours ago, riffclown said:

This is starting to not look like a train wreck any more..

You need to give the train time to get moving ;) 

We'll know in a few years what the outcome of this experiment will be, we had someone similar here in Australia (Palmer) elected to government however he wasn't the president/prime minister.  The difference between Trump and Palmer is that Trump has Mike Pence, who by all reports is quite respected and acts as a bit of a bridge between Trump and the rest of the party.

Before Brexit they told us the sky would fall, and the world would stop turning, yet here we are.  

The one thing I think that's more telling than anything, is the way you look at Obama now like he's just been run over by a truck.   Bernie's supporters didn't vote for Trump, they just choose not to vote for Hillary either and abstained.

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 11.32.57 pm.png

General consensus amongst people I know is Trump will give it a red hot try, he will probably be tied up to some degree, but he's got a big ego, and he'd want to be remembered as a great president. After all history doesn't remember rich people as much as presidents dictators kings etc, just think of all the Roman historical figures, it's the Ceasers and generals that get noted mostly. This is his crack at historical immortality.

if nothing else he will be entertaining.

On 11/11/2016 at 10:14 PM, .Joel said:

You need to give the train time to get moving ;) 

We'll know in a few years what the outcome of this experiment will be, we had someone similar here in Australia (Palmer) elected to government however he wasn't the president/prime minister.  The difference between Trump and Palmer is that Trump has Mike Pence, who by all reports is quite respected and acts as a bit of a bridge between Trump and the rest of the party.

Before Brexit they told us the sky would fall, and the world would stop turning, yet here we are.  

The one thing I think that's more telling than anything, is the way you look at Obama now like he's just been run over by a truck.   Bernie's supporters didn't vote for Trump, they just choose not to vote for Hillary either and abstained.

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 11.32.57 pm.png

I would say this is sort of "half right".  True, some Bernie followers never ultimately got on the Hillary train, but neither did many, many non-Trump conservatives get on the Trump train.  I'd say those two groups sort of cancelled each other out last week.  What is missed here is the very large fraction of the voting population who voted for Obama once or even twice but this time went for Trump.  Not for all the reasons propped up by the media and identity-politics liberals (racism, sexism, name your -ism) but rather for the thought that he would do better for the country ECONOMICALLY.  This plus folks are just fed up with being told what to think in a condescending and dismissive manner.  The final nail in the coffin is many blacks voted for Obama (he took 90+% of the black vote) but didn't come out and vote in large numbers for Hillary.  This lighter turnout was then offset by a fair number of high-school-only educated whites that saw Trump as a candidate that could make their lives better.  Again, better here meant better economically, not some stupid "white thing".

Trump actually got a higher percentage of both the latino vote and black vote than Romney, the ultimate white guy.  Hillary, if she had it in her, would look back and see a number of flaws to her plan to waltz into the White House.  Her choice of a running mate was ridiculous, pretty much saying "I've got this" all on her own.  The smart play would have been a younger black man or some other person of color that would scoop up the vote of people that are easily excited about something in the person's identity.

On 26/07/2016 at 1:12 PM, Clive said:

Yep lets get it over with......

on a positive note, I love how someone can take what we consider a duck punt, drop a massive v8 onto it and have some fun..... Gotta love American attitude there.

Bit late to this thread but could I just politely point out that these engines are neither V nor 8 ?

It's a lycoming 480 which is a 7.8 litre supercharged 6 cylinder air cooled boxer engine straight out of a plane, something like a cessna or piper maybe. Good for an air boat as they're simple, reliable, relatively cheap and will stay cool without the need for a water cooling system.