Sign in to follow this  
Goz

DJI Mavic

DJi has released the Mavic, looks like a nice compact form factor and feature set. $1699 makes it about the same money as the Phantom 3 Pro and cheaper than the Phantom 4. Batteries are cheaper than the Phantom 4 so that's a plus.

http://www.dji.com/mavic

http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro

• The DJI Mavic Pro folds down as small as a bottle of water, making it small enough to bring with you everywhere.
  • New OcuSync transmission system offers up to 4.3 miles (7km) of transmission range.
  • Fly at up to 40mph (64kmh) or for as long as 27-minutes.
  • True 4K, fully stabilized ensures smooth footage
  • ActiveTrack, TapFly and other smart features make professional looking video effortless.
  • Obstacle Avoidance combined with sensor redundancy increases flight safety and reliability.
  • Vision positioning paired with GPS and GLONASS ensures precise positioning indoor and outdoors.
  • Fly by Phone over Wi-Fi for even easier flight

Alright, I read up a bit about it today and the more I read the more I like it.  I don't think i'll upgrade from the Phantom3 Pro just yet, as all these things are making accessories for the Phantom nice and cheap.  Interested to see how this goes against the GoPro Karma over time, I do like that DJI is offering the goggles to go with it as well.  I'll be using my Fatsharks this time out on the dry lakes, as even with a sunshade it was hard to see the screen.