.Joel

Sandy Point Summer Sessions 2016

14 hours ago, Darren Tibbey said:

Good to see my old kites can still get me going.:crazypilot:

Don't forget I did take your buggy for a spin while you were not on the beach.

Are you sure the speed is yours?? 

On 06/02/2017 at 8:47 PM, bakersdozen said:

I could be persuaded 😁 as long as I don't have to do CPR on you this time. Chat to you closer to the time.

Is that what you call what you were doing, I'm pretty sure CPR doesn't include the use of your tongue :heat:

2 hours ago, Darren Tibbey said:

Looking wetter Sunday aswell

????

Where are you getting wetter from?

Melbourne forecast 60% chance of rain for Sat. and Sun.

Port philip Bay 60% both days.

Western Port 70% both days.

Gipsland Lakes 60% Saturday, and 40% Sunday.

Sunday might be a little bit dryer than Saturday.

24 minutes ago, nigel said:

????

Where are you getting wetter from?

Melbourne forecast 60% chance of rain for Sat. and Sun.

Port philip Bay 60% both days.

Western Port 70% both days.

Gipsland Lakes 60% Saturday, and 40% Sunday.

Sunday might be a little bit dryer than Saturday.

Weather zone. 5 to 10 mil of rain sun

On 2/8/2017 at 9:19 AM, OBEwan said:

Keep me in the loop guys. About time I dusted off the buggy

Scratch that.  The social director has made alternative plans.  We'll be in Lorne sipping latte's

8 hours ago, OBEwan said:

Scratch that.  The social director has made alternative plans.  We'll be in Lorne sipping latte's

Weak! 

Just now, Mez said:

Both Willy Weather, Weather Zone and BoM Websites state 70% on Sunday with 5-10mm of rain - but when has a little rain stopped any of us?

Never, Mez. I would, however, like to see it swing a little more southerly. Might be a last minute call on sat night / Sunday morning? 

1 minute ago, bakersdozen said:

Never, Mez. I would, however, like to see it swing a little more southerly. Might be a last minute call on sat night / Sunday morning? 

I think by hook or by crook, we'll be flying somewhere as Mr. @igeighty just had a 2 parcels arrive today and yesterday :) Its like Christmas!

I'm seriously considering Venus Bay for Saturday. Wind direction is ideal, it is a bit closer, and there is 25KM of beach. The beach may be (at most) 10 metres narrower, but still huge, flat and hard. I'll probably take a landboard and a buggy. Would potentially have room for another buggy in the trailer if anyone wants a lift. If the wind goes more southerly then Waratah Bay is only 45 minutes further.

The pics are from 2015. Excuse the 'no-helmet'. Having had a few spills and a fracture I am much more safety conscious now.

Venus Bay.JPG

vensu bay cap.JPG

I was 90 % towards venus bay also. i agree the wind will indeed be cleaner and more onshore.

I am hoping to be there in the morning. arriving for 9 am. if i can get out the door by 6 and thats a big 'if'

I have not been to venus bay, but have looked at some recent photos, and it looks ok. and certainly worth a visit.

ill see what mezz says when she gets home.

On 06/02/2017 at 8:47 PM, bakersdozen said:

I could be persuaded 😁

garn.

:)

@DrWind, is this the spot for beach ? it looks to be a good run 'up' to the point, with a fast downwind run back on a westerly.

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 5.25.47 pm.jpg

Edited by igeighty
added stuff

I found launching at the surf club best. It's down the beach a bit to the SE (from the Google Earth grab).  You can park your car / trailer in the last carpark on the left just before the slc. Then walk the buggy 30 metres down the road to the main Beach. Buggy in either direction. SE bound gives you miles of beach. Nw is still great too, though you may see a few people. If anyone wants a lift with me PM me.

I've buggied Venus Bay a few times now and it is excellent. I plan to head down a little later though not too late as low tide is noon.  :-)