Spartan

Kite foilboading with a kite you can't crash

On 26 February 2017 at 10:43 AM, Spartan said:

This guy makes foiling look so effortless 

Have seen that before, that is the style of foil boarding I would like, layback, rather than hell bent for speed. Notice he is going strapless, any thoughts from foil riders on this?

Here is a guy with pure passion for what he does, His Soul-arch style of riding looks to go way back to 60's longboard riders.

His style looks effortless, doing long pulls to put the kite into heavy half brake, switch direction and pow, powers back on.

i can only speak as a skater, but that looks like carpark carving, except on a levitated foil powered board. Welcome to the future.!

great video after work too...

19 hours ago, Jason said:

Huh!? Oh hang on.. I get it... just had a little dribble there yourself. Here's my 20y hanky for your convinience. :boredom:

Those "Cloud" kites are easy peasy to make

A local here has made a 9m version out of an old LEI. He stripped off the entire leading edge from the rest of the kite and replaced the canopy with this.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/whites-3-0-x-4-0m-clear-medium-duty-weatherview-screen_p3330077

Flies beautifully with a 4-line bar, and perfect for foiling.

On 2/27/2017 at 5:03 PM, plummet said:

If you tend to like strapless sb then you will like strapless hf.  Strapless gets problematic in big swell and useless if you want to jump.

And it makes water starting in light wind tricky...