windstruck

Born-Kite StreetStar

no   but it didnt work with streetstar on 10 meter lines      no way to steer

i hav used the ergo bar with genesis 8m    it works too but i had low wind , hav to try again   

the problem with close cell kites on land is that  you hav to pack when you cant sail further   a single skin kite is beter for that     today was more paddling than kiting , btw i do both together in low winds

Fat kite on land is mext next aim       it would extend the range of my sessions    i could sail 20 KM downwind then pedal back

Tried my homebrew single handed handle today.  If you have enough wind to ride it provides plenty of control.  Fun way to ride.  Easy to make the bar with PVC pipe, a few drill bits and a heat gun. 

Glad you enjoy ergo bar to.  Can you show à pic off thé bar ?

With 3 beaufort i could steer thé street star with 7 m lines   no   ergo bar  but  boat hook as bar.   So ergo could work with lines if wind is strong enough 

On 3/13/2018 at 7:30 PM, Freda Latou said:

Glad you enjoy ergo bar to.  Can you show à pic off thé bar ?

With 3 beaufort i could steer thé street star with 7 m lines   no   ergo bar  but  boat hook as bar.   So ergo could work with lines if wind is strong enough 

@Freda Latou  It is just a PVC pipe about 60cm long, bent with a heat gun, a few holes drilled and notches in the ends to wrap line around.  I put a line in the middle for harness hook or maybe depower if I can figure that out.

photo(52).JPG

nice work    now that  i hav put snap links between bridles and bar  i need less a second hand made ergo bar for my nasawing and pansh 

my tries at steering ergo bar with 7 m lines hav failed       i hav to try again , fail may  be due to wrong lines settings

ergo  or depower bar plus your G 13 would be nice 

Those kind of monoskins depower very well even with no pulleys, no comparaison with nasawings

@Freda Latou

Here you are.  Not sure if this has a true depower, but it has a "power dump" ability which is pretty useful.  Just tilt the bar back and the kite flutters and depowers, but keeps flying.  You can hit full power by feel.  Think I need to use it with a harness.

10 hours ago, Freda Latou said:

it s a bit like holding a windsurf sail with one hand at the front of the wishbone for depowering 

i would be interssted in making a big  size G 13      you use tarp ?

I am building a 4.2 M version now.  Not sure if I will build it for buggy (full ribs) or street (nose ribs only).  The material is actually light polyester - just looks like tarp.  My first version was tarp but didn't use the full wrap around LE.  This is the 4th iteration.  Plans are online.  I doubt it would be as good as your 4.0 StreetStar though.

http://www.laboratoridenvol.com/projects/gkite/gkite.en.html

http://www.laboratoridenvol.com/projects/jouetbhl/jouet.en.html