JamesLH

Melbourne landboarding

Hi all

I'm new to the forum and keen to meet a few fellow kiters!

How many members are from Melbourne? I'm fairly new to Melbourne and am keen to scout some good spots for the mountainboard.

What are your recommendations?

cheers guys

James

4 hours ago, JamesLH said:

Hi all

I'm new to the forum and keen to meet a few fellow kiters!

How many members are from Melbourne? I'm fairly new to Melbourne and am keen to scout some good spots for the mountainboard.

What are your recommendations?

cheers guys

James

Welcome to Extreme Kites @JamesLH !
There are quite a number of Melbourne based land-kiters on here. The best place to keep an eye on when and where we meet is the Meets & Events section.

https://www.extremekites.com.au/forum/47-meets-events/

The most popular spots in Melbourne for landboarding are Moran Reserve in Elwood, Sandy Point and down around 13th beach. Venus Bay can work well in the right conditions too. 

We would be keen to know more about you and your kiting history and look forward to meeting you at a fly soon.

Cheers!

Mark

Welcome @JamesLH

More kiters are always welcome. :good:

We are going to be at Dingley this weekend if you can make it.

Single stringers, buggies and, if you turn up, mountain boards.

Plenty of room at Dingley, check the meeets and events section.

Hope to see you there.

Nigel.

@SoutherlyBuster @nigel @bakersdozen

Thanks for the replies guys!

I've been kiting for the last 5 or 6 years mostly on the mountainboard with a little bit of dabbling in kitesurfing. Been to sandy point a couple of times and 13th a fair bit, I am really keen to find some close (within 1 hour) spots to my current residence in northcote. 

Seems like altona could be on.

I have a 4 meter beamer, a 4.9 flexifoil blade, a 10M flysurfer pulse, and a recently aquired 12M flysurfer psycho, and a zebra mountainboard.

Really keen to try some buggying in the near future so I'll have to make it to a meet and pinch someones for a test ;)

Apex is good for anthing between onshore (right. next to Port Phillip Bay) to cross on shore. Pure cross shore would be the Westerlies and is generally to gusty with all the trees there. Onshore makes for some sweet runs and if you are tempted in summer, switch over for a kite surf.

Truganina Park is good for some added terrain, in the right conditions with a smooth Northerly (rare) you can kite up and down the hill, though requires advanced kiting skills not to get snagged on the trees. There is a nice ramp at the far end facing the beach :) which is good with a Southerly blowing.