.Joel

Death Kite Nomination

plwaterfoil-1.png

Take the challenge, join the elite survivors....
New competition, if you live to tell the story you get a fancy little badge under your name, a free XK Lanyard + XK Sticker ;) 

The game is simple, fly the Peter Lynn Waterfoil and if you survive you nominate the next person to fly the kite :good: 

A) Accept the challenge :good: 
Fly the kite, nominate the next person.

or....

B ) Refuse the challenge :read:
You may choose your fate...
1: Have your avatar changed for 30 days by the person who nominated you.
2: Have your quip (words under your avatar) for 30 days changed by the person who nominated you.
3: Lose 100 posts off your total.

Small Print...
The kite will be setup for handles, however a bar is also optional.  You can hand it to the person you nominate the next time you meet them, you can mail it to whomever you nominate if you choose.  
Whom you nominate, how close or how far they are is completely up to you :good: 

Large Print...
I nominate @igeighty:dance: 

plwaterfoil-3.png

More Waterfoil photos by Adrian DeGroot

I too accept... what winds do you prefer me to try it on? The most I can handle is 17knots with the WF. Mind you, mine's been modded so not sure if it qualifies because quite frankly it flies pretty well now.

pssst... it's why suddenly my account now magically works! Gee I wonder who could have fixed that! :blush2:

lol, redsky, 

but if you did fly it, I would bet you make THE best video.

I loved your blade video.

the good doctor said that 'the best thing for a lower disc injury was stretching'. I can't wait to fly it at Kingston.

3 hours ago, igeighty said:

lol, redsky, 

the good doctor said that 'the best thing for a lower disc injury was stretching'. I can't wait to fly it at Kingston.

and gradually building our lower back strength, then continue even after the injury has settled. 

On 12/22/2017 at 10:44 PM, igeighty said:

lol, redsky, 

Ha! Thanks!

I look forward to bakersdozen Kingston video and your stretching session .:)

I've always suffered with lower back pain but since taking a break from the buggy, I can't even sneeze or cough without bracing myself first. A lack of kiting has definitely made it worse. Trouble is, I don't do any other exercise either. Use it or lose it as they say.

Hope you have a speedy recovery, a great Christmas and an even greater time at Kingston.

Just hook in and fly the damn thing! :diablo:

You are on dry land with friends around to help. Worse case scenario is that you pull the safety and let the kite fly into the bushes. Then just pay Joel his $50 and leave the kite there :D 

On 21/12/2017 at 12:52 PM, Northern Kites Australia said:

Mind you, mine's been modded

pictures or it didn't happen :)

An interesting Kite with some strange characteristics. It generated a fair amount of pull in about 10 knots. A Fun kite to fly. It takes ages to inflate with its little Goatse inlets. @.Joel suggested bring your own leaf blower.

Anyway after giving here a spin, I nominated @Chook who jumped to the task like a trooper. "It flys like a rev"

After Chook had a blast, he nominated @The Duke.  more to come ......

Thanks Joel. now I won't have a giant Cock for an avatar.

It's only the 3.6!!!  How lame. :lazy2:

Try the 5.7 in 10 knots! (I can see I'll have to bring my 5.7 out to show you lot why it's the Death kite)

And too much brake on the kite, let the brakes off a little. Let it run, it will produce more power. :grin:

15 hours ago, Mez said:

@.Joel So when are @igeighty and @Chook getting their special badges? Has @The Duke flown it yet? 

#keepingthefeedalive

Ok here is the challenge for @The Duke, launch the Water Fall by having alll the lines wrapped around the handles, throw the kite in the air and let the lines unwind them selves, spin the kite around to untwist the lines as necessary and then fly off into the blue yonder. No kidding, I have seen him do it with other kites!