Try looking at the second hand market plenty of bargains there.

What buggy do you have?

What are the common wind conditions like?

Are there any other kite buggy pilots around to lend you a hand or teach you the basics?

Where are you based?

hello,

are the two kites controlled differently ?

does the Blaze come in deposed configuration while the flux is flown with handles ?

here is a guy on a flux with handles, (having fun too)

And here is a bloke on a blaze having a blast. (bar)

It depends on what method of controlling the kite that you wish.

Buy both and see what style you like, for the price they seem very good value for a first kite. once you find what is right for you, then you will buy many many more kites...

Best of luck, and please keep us informed of how you go.

Regards.

Doug

Just to make it clear, the Flux is a fixed bridle kite and it is flown with handles, whereas the Blaze is depower kite. Just looked at the Panch web site and the Blaze II comes in a 7 square meter size but does not come with a control bar, this has to be purchased separately. Fixed briddle kites fly quite differently to depower kites, personally I prefer the depowers, but this debate would open up a whole new can of worms.

5 square meters for a fixed bridle kite should be enough to get going on a buggy, but this really depends on your wind conditions, ie how many knots average and to what gust level. Since you are new to buggying, I would suggest taking the kite out in light conditions and see how you go, if not enough wind, wait for a slightly stronger day. Go out in gradually increased wind speeds as your skills increase. No point in getting a say a 2 square meter fixed briddle kite first up, take it out in 30 knot winds and seriously injure your self. So a larger kite in light winds would be better, start out in 10 knots and work your way up from there. Pick a day when you have steady winds.

The Flux 5m is perhaps a good choice to get back into the sport. If funds permit, I would personally go for a depower kite, just so much better control in gusty conditions and safer with their release mechanisms -- I have flown both (Ozone, FlySurfer, Peter Lynne -- sorry no Panch experience).

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for your guidance. I watched some videos of Blaze 5m and I was impressed by the maneuvers she performs (identical to those of my revolution). I believe that a 5m kite would allow me to fly in wind conditions that a 2m will not allow (my experience with 1.8m and 1.3m). I'm still analyzing, but Blaze went ahead.

On 19/12/2017 at 11:26 PM, Itaipuaçukites said:

Between Blaze 5m and Flux 5m which would be the best choice?

If you're just starting and want to keep it cheap the Flux 3.0m or 4.0m is a good option.
If you're under 80kg get the 3m, if you're over 80kg get the 4m.  They're cheap so adding a second one later is not difficult.

If you go with the Blaze II and want to setup on a bar for depower remember that you will also need a harness.

Do you have any other kites right now?  If so what are they?

It is not the wing span that deterrmines how much power or force the kite can generate, it is the wing area. Sure a long slender kite with the same area as a stout kite will have lower drag, but given the same wind and speed of the kite, they will generate the same lift force. One thing that can be confussing, is that typically people and even manufacturers omit the units of measure when quoting the area of the kite, so typically when one talks about a 3m kite, what they really mean is a 3 sqaure meter kite, ie area of 3 sqaure meters rather than a wing span of 3 meters.

I really have no experience with kitebuggy. 
However I have a foil with 1.8m of the HQ.
Doing an analysis I do not believe that a 2.1m x 1.3m kite will generate needed thrust,
or that I will stay depending on strong winds to ride with the kitebuggy.
So I'm inclined to buy the kite with 5m wingspan

I'm pretty sure that the wingspan is just wrong in that chart.  I think that is probably the length of half the span.  1.3*(2.1*2) = 5.5 but since the center chord is widest then the area is probably around 5 M.  The area is what you should use.  I have a few Pansh kites and the area seems accurate.

Good luck with kite buggy. 

Hi @Itaipuaçukites I have the 5m flux, I've only had a chance to fly it a couple times, but it's a very good kite for the $$. Having said that, if you take it out into 30mph winds, you will hurt yourself. I got the 5m to use in 8-18mph. Joel is exactly right with his scale - get either the 3m or 4m depending on your weight and local wind. If you go with a depower, you will probably want something in the 6-8m range to start with. Look up rtz on Randy's link above, he has a review I think on his flux experiences.

Most kite companies (other than Pansh) give you a wind range for their kite sizes. Below are the ranges for a twister, should be somewhat similar to the Flux. 

twister_windrange.jpg

Here's a good explainer for noobs: http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=1985

If you give the folks here some details about where exactly you will fly, wind conditions, how much you weigh they can help you a lot more.