Sign in to follow this  
Jase Shepperd

Merry Xmas everybody - Ride Hard and Ride Long

Good video.

I'm hoping to buggy early Christmas morning at the beach before Christmas Dinner at my parents. A cheeky session. Never rode on Christmas day before. I expect the roads to be empty, although I half expect the beach to be strewn with like-minded kitesurfers.

This will be my first time buggying in about 3-4 years and about 5 years for the beach.  Your videos have got me spending money I don't really have. I bought a gopro 5. I love your overlaid speed dial thingy's and tomorrow will be a good test for it. I'll post up a video here if it all works out okay.

I guess you guys in Australia and New Zealand are already sitting down to Christmas dinner. Remember to wrap up warm before you go out. Don't want you guys catching a cold like me. :D

Have a great Christmas.

Ride hard and ride long my friend. 

Nothing beats a good buggy session to chill out and forget all the bullshit in life. 

Have a great ride and can’t wait to see the footage.

With the overlay you have to use their Quik program as far as I have experienced. Nothing wrong with Quik and pretty easy 👍

merry Xmas 😎

Hey Jase,

I hate Quik :D

I don't understand it. The create feature wants to add music that I don't want. :( and the editing, wtf!  I just don't get.

So I got impatient and used Fraps to copy and paste the video into my preferred editor. In the process I lost much video quality.

Is there a way to export the footage with the gauge's or are you stuck using Quik?

Anyway , I had an enjoyable practice session. I hit 55 with my new kite which I bought back in November but hadn't used.

Also tried out the new gopro. It was set to a narrow field of view unfortunately. Things look faster when you have it wide. :D

I was nervous when I started out but soon got back into it and by the end I was showing some contempt. Hehe.

Had to sine wave the kite just a few times.

I shouldn't moan. It was a great re-introduction. The best thing is, it has given me back my confidence. There was no way I could jump straight back into the bug and ride a storm after such a long absence. 

Things have changed at the beach since I was last there. New flood defenses, steps to beach and lots of concrete bollards. It looks great but whoever designed it paid no mind to buggy riders. Its supposed to be a designated kite zone.  Makes it very difficult to get my bug on and off the beach. It zapped all my energy. ahrrrrlkjdvldofjpsdofsdklgm;pgke

Off now for Christmas dinner. Have a good one. :)

22 hours ago, RedSky said:

Good video.

I'm hoping to buggy early Christmas morning at the beach before Christmas Dinner at my parents. A cheeky session. Never rode on Christmas day before. I expect the roads to be empty, although I half expect the beach to be strewn with like-minded kitesurfers.

This will be my first time buggying in about 3-4 years and about 5 years for the beach.  Your videos have got me spending money I don't really have. I bought a gopro 5. I love your overlaid speed dial thingy's and tomorrow will be a good test for it. I'll post up a video here if it all works out okay.

I guess you guys in Australia and New Zealand are already sitting down to Christmas dinner. Remember to wrap up warm before you go out. Don't want you guys catching a cold like me. :D

Have a great Christmas.

Filled with like minded kite surfers, ha ha, should have seen our local spot in NZ on Friday afternoon on the knock off day for Christmass, it was chockers. Was perfect though, lovely and warm.

8 hours ago, SoutherlyBuster said:

Filled with like minded kite surfers, ha ha, should have seen our local spot in NZ on Friday afternoon on the knock off day for Christmass, it was chockers. Was perfect though, lovely and warm.

Makes you wish everyday was Christmas